Director, Corelight Labs
Company: Corelight, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown
San Francisco and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most
sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our
rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50.
Based on the Zeek (formerly Bro) Network Security Monitor, a
beloved and widely used open-source framework,-- Corelight Sensors
transform high-volume network traffic into "rocket fuel" for
security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of
successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire and
Tenable, Corelight's "unfair market advantages" include its
founders: the inventor of Zeek and its key open-source developers.
Join Corelight, and help us make the world's networks safer.
- Work side-by-side, in a truly collaborative manner, with the
Chief Scientist, engineering, products, and executive leadership
teams to commercialize world class network security solutions.
- In partnership with the Chief Scientist, scale and evolve a
strong, world class research team.
- Build a strong team identity and culture with emphasis on
openness, collaboration, and measurable impact.
- Focus on hiring top research talent.
- Manage research engineers ("care and feeding": administrative
management, career goals, mentorship).
- In partnership with the Chief Scientist, manage technical
roadmap, track progress, identify and resolve any blocking
- Be accountable for research roadmap, execution, and
- Develop deep technical expertise, propagate that via
presentations, blog posts, other media.
- Actively participate in technical work: design discussions,
- In partnership with Engineering, continue to evolve our
products to improve their effectiveness in production.
- Learn about current management and technical transition
processes, identify areas for improvement, and evolve current
- Establish transparent processes for managing and prioritizing
incoming requests from various stake-holders (executive,
engineering, sales, marketing, product management). Requirements
- Extensive experience with enterprise security challenges--
- Extensive experience in conducting security research and/or
working with such researchers--
- Demonstrated leadership growing and managing teams of highly
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and communications
- Ability to tackle large scale problems
- Effective organizational skills, both for yourself and for the
team while working with many people in a fast-paced environment. A
note on experience We understand that no candidate is perfectly
qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many
skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more
important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication,
impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative
environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we
encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're
looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought
makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which
is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. In
addition to helping to make networks safer around the world,
Corelight is a great place to work. We provide competitive
salaries, equity and benefits, but those are just table stakes. No
matter where you're based, we aspire to make working here one the
best experiences of your career.-- Apply for this job Your Contact
Info: Add your resume/cv Add a cover letter Linked In Website How
did you hear about this job? This form collects your name, email,
and company information so we may contact you regarding your
management and protection of your data. I consent to Corelight
collecting my personal information. * Required
Keywords: Corelight, Inc., San Francisco , Director, Corelight Labs, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!