Business Development Manager - Ecosystem
Company: Swift Navigation, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Apply Now Business Development Manager - Ecosystem at Swift
Navigation San Francisco Swift Navigation provides precise
positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile
and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry's
first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver
has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning
solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS
corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark--- precise
positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software
solution that is the Starling-- positioning engine to the
centimeter-level accurate Piksi-- Multi and ruggedized Duro-- and
Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future
of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn
more online at swiftnav.com , follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
Reporting to the Senior Director Business Development &
Partnerships, the Business Development Manager - Ecosystem is
responsible for developing revenue generating Partnerships with the
world's top chip and module manufacturers of GNSS receiver
solutions and regional network partners. The Partner ecosystem is a
crucial part of Swift's strategy to penetrate and win pinpoint
positioning applications for autonomous vehicles, last-mile
delivery, urban personal transport, and industrial applications
like rail, construction and precision agriculture. The role
involves continuous Partner development and relationship
management, securing commercial contracts that grow business for
Swift and our Partners, and championing deeper technical engagement
around new GNSS technology as our Partners develop them. Key
- Be the company's leader and champion for building deep
technical and commercial Partnerships with top GNSS chip and module
makers and regional network partners in the US, Europe and
- Prospect, engage and close multi-year technical and commercial
contracts with high-growth Partners who supply GNSS products to our
core market segments. Contracts often will include licensing and
royalty-bearing components, may include reseller terms, and will
always include technical and marketing elements.
- Maintain accurate Partner growth and market segment forecasts
and continuously update internal product, engineering and executive
- Create and regularly maintain concise Partner engagement plans,
with a bias toward action and a clear path to mutual business
growth. Review Partner plans quarterly with Sales leadership and
Partners in Engineering and Marketing.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide variety of inbound
contracts, including NDAs, statements of work, software IP licenses
and cloud services agreements.
- Develop productive and durable senior management relationships
with our Partners and the Swift Leadership team wherever they may
- Champion Partner needs in technology features and business
models by regularly engaging our Engineering and Leadership teams
to influence roadmaps and support.
- Partner with our Product Marketing team to translate our
product and service plans into actionable Partner engagement
- Deeply engage our Partners' sales and business development
teams to secure Proof of Concepts (POCs) with common Customers that
translate into bookable business.
- Coach, mentor and develop Swift team members as required to
achieve Partner and business development objectives and ensure team
- Work efficiently with all functions of Swift Sales,
Engineering, Marketing and Operations. Synchronize planning and
business development with product and sales team colleagues, and
champion productive teamwork and alignment of purpose.
- Work with and support Swift Marketing to ensure that marketing
and Partner goals align.
- Actively participate in selected industry functions, such as
association events, trade shows and conferences and provide
feedback and information on market and competitive trends.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis by
the Senior Director Business Development & Partnerships to meet
Swift's objectives. Business Skills & Experience
- Proven and verifiable success closing revenue bearing contracts
with strategic Partners or Customers in network, silicon, IP,
software or SaaS in the telecommunication, semiconductor, module or
- Able to develop, negotiate and close complex royalty, revenue
share-based or subscription agreements.
- Working with marketing and product teams, proven ability to
draft product launch plans with partnerships and see through to
completion with material and measurable success.
- Able to credibly represent Swift and its technologies to
Partners and Customers, and to understand the Customer's issues,
needs and motivations.
- Able to credibly represent the Partner's requirements to Swift
and to motivate Swift to meet these requirements.
- Able to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and
opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems,
gain consensus and drive decisions.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English, and able
to present to many levels -- executive, management and engineering
(both to Partners and within Swift). Technical Skills & Experience
- 5+ years business development or sales experience with a
successful track record in highly technical software and services
business in Telecommunications, IP, Silicon, Enterprise Software or
- BS/BA degree required (preferably, EE, Computer Science or
similar technical degree) from an accredited four-year college or
university. MBA a plus.
- Basic technical knowledge of how GNSS/GPS works, client/server
architectures, web and client applications, embedded operating
systems and networking topologies. Personal Skills
- Dynamic, self-starting individual who can drive and reliably
maintain regular contact with the extended Swift team.
- Startup mentality; proven problem-solving ability; success in
dealing with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated, tenacious and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills: communicative (written and verbal),
organized and entrepreneurial.
- Partner-focused and Partner-sensitive; able to motivate team
members and co-workers; able to 50%influence positively; flexible
- Outgoing and skilled at building relationships and developing
effective internal and external Partnerships.
- Capable of working as a team member or independently, as
- Able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level, as
- A passion for continuous learning.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, hypergrowth environment with
evolving and expanding responsibilities.
- Willing to travel as needed to win partnerships and business,
up to 40% during peak times.
- Native or excellent English language skills (reading, writing,
speaking, listening). Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive
team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants
from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or
other defining characteristics. Headquartered in San Francisco,
close to public transportation and well financed, Swift offers many
benefits and perks, including: unlimited vacation days, competitive
salary and benefits, stock options, employer-covered health
insurance, 401(k), term life insurance, a casual office
environment, company paid gym membership, a fully stocked kitchen
with frequent catered lunches, hackathons and tech talks aiding
one's professional growth in all our employees. Come join us!
Keywords: Swift Navigation, Inc., San Francisco , Business Development Manager - Ecosystem, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!