Department Manager Leader / Assistant Nurse Manager - Operating Room Manager
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Important Update: In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kaiser
Permanente is moving to a virtual recruitment process including
telephone and video interviews to help ensure the health and safety
of our employees, candidates, and communities. Also, some hiring
activities may be delayed or suspended in certain geographic areas
and job categories. For more information on Kaiser Permanente's
response to COVID-19, visit our Resource Center . Behavioral
Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you
can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better
health. Psychology Postdoctoral Resident Adult Location: San
Francisco, CA Job Number: 927624 Date posted: 02/15/2021 Submit
Interest Description: Position is designed to provide 2000 hours of
supervised clinical postdoctoral training.-- Completion of this
program will satisfy one of the requirements to sit for the
psychology licensing exam. Residencies are based in departments of
Psychiatry, Chemical Dependency, Chronic Pain, Behavioral Medicine
or other sub-specialties. Position provides 2 hours per week in
each of the following: individual supervision; group supervision;
and didactic training Supervision is provided by licensed
psychologists. Opportunities may include providing short-term
individual therapy, family therapy, crisis intervention, chemical
dependency evaluation, adult and adolescent group therapy,
psycho-educational groups, and psychological assessment.-- Position
is 40 hours per week, one-year, temporary with benefits.-- This
position ONLY pertains to the Northern California Mental Health
Training Programs. For more information please visit
kp.org/psychtraining. Essential Responsibilities:
- Provide assessment and psychotherapy of adults, adolescents,
children and/or families in a brief therapy model. Conduct intake
evaluations. Provide crisis intervention as needed Co-facilitate
psychoeducational groups. Conduct program evaluation and/or
research project. Participate in community partnership
- Administer and interpret psychological tests, and write
reports. Participate in regional, consortial, and departmental
training activities. Participate in departmental administrative and
educational meetings. Maintain confidential patient files/records
and information in a timely manner. Comply with regional and local
policies and procedures. Comply with APA's Code of Ethics and state
laws pertaining to the delivery of mental health services. Other
duties as assigned.
- Team-specific duties performed by pre-doctoral interns under
the direct supervision of licensed psychologists, including but not
limited to the following: Adult Team, Child/Family Team, Chemical
Dependency, Behavioral Medicine or others.
- Adult Team: Provide assessment and individual and group
treatment to adults in a brief therapy model.
- Child/Family Team: Perform psychological evaluations of
children, adolescents and families. Provide psychotherapeutic
services to child and family populations.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): Provide services to
patients needing more intensive treatment for stabilization, in a
stepped-down treatment program for patients recently discharged
from inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Behavioral Medicine: Provide services to patients whose
presenting problem is related to the treatment of a physical
problem or psychological issues arising from a medical condition.
Provide services to patients who are experiencing emotional or
stress-related problems concurrent to receiving treatment for a
medical diagnosis or physical symptom.
- Chronic Pain Management: Provide services to patients who
experience chronic pain, including teaching them pain management
skills such as pacing, medication management, staying active,
relaxation techniques and positive thinking.
- Chemical Dependency: Provide services to patients who are in
the contemplation phase, the early stages of their recovery, and
patients with longer-term sobriety. Provide separate and conjoint
treatments for family members.
- Eating Disorders: Provide services to adults, children, teens,
and families who have a diagnosis of an eating disorder.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
employees. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- N/A Education
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Completion of PhD/PsyD/EdD in Clinical, Counseling, Health or
School Psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program by
residency start date (Verification of Completion of all
Requirements for Doctoral Degree form required).
- Must have received doctoral internship training at an
APA-accredited or APPIC-member internship program.
- Must participate in the national APPA CAS postdoctoral
application process prior to applying to Kaiser Permanente.
License, Certification, Registration
- N/A Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for
assuming professional responsibilities.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation
in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely
- Must submit three letters of reference: one letter must be from
most the recent primary supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in psychological evaluations of adults,
children, adolescents, & families, including administering &
writing up psychological testing & assessment batteries,
- Demonstrated professional maturity and ethical integrity
necessary for assuming professional responsibilities,
- Demonstrated commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and
participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic,
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a
timely manner, preferred
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective
treatment plans, preferred.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy,
preferred. Primary Location: California,San Francisco,San Francisco
4141 Geary Medical Offices Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day
Workdays: Variable Working Hours Start: Variable Working Hours End:
Variable Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee
Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation:
NUE-NCAL-06-NUE-Non Union Employee Job Level: Entry Level Job
Category: Behavioral / Mental Health Department: Mental Health
Training Program Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is
an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified
applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws,
as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited
to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care
Careers Our Events Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente
team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward
to seeing you! Sign up to receive information about opportunities
that relate to your interests.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco , Department Manager Leader / Assistant Nurse Manager - Operating Room Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!