Office Operations Manager
Company: Smarking Inc
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Smarking is looking for a highly capable Office Operations
Manager to join our team and create a hyper-productive work
environment! The ideal candidate will be experienced and passionate
about scaling with an early stage company into the next stage. As
an important member of our team leading the office operations, you
will be in charge of: 1) striving to create a hyper-productive work
environment by ensuring satisfaction needs of the company in the
areas including office management, basic financial operations,
event management, talent recruiting coordination, basic human
resources operations, and celebrating team wins 2) building
scalable internal operations structures in above areas 3) think and
work strategically to support the CEO's initiatives in office ops.
Smarking is a group of hyper-driven MIT PhDs, engineers, data
scientists, transportation experts, and business professionals
working to solve the notorious parking problem via a unique
enterprise approach. By providing the very first data analytics
software (SaaS) to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing
itself as a market leader rapidly. Backed by a group of top tier
tech investors including Khosla Ventures, Y Combinator, and Slow
Ventures, we focus on bringing the power of data analytics and
yield management to the $100 billion parking industry worldwide.
Growing rapidly in the past a few years, we are looking for a
highly capable Office Operations Manager to join our team and get
the company ready for scaling. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Office Management:
- Manage the team meals, snacks, office supply.
- Manage company equipments and maintain clear records, e.g.
computers, TVs, monitors, etc.
- Manage company documents both in Google Drive and in physical
- Manage business travels (transportation & lodging) for all team
- Manage vendors: managing, auditing, and paying vendors, e.g.
office rent, medical insurance, electricity, internet, meals,
snacks, phone, office cleaning, trade shows etc.
- Accommodate visitor (e.g. investors, clients, job
candidates).Above scope may change accordingly upon the growth of
- Basic Finance Operations:
- Manage and execute bi-weekly payrolls (using Gusto).
- Manage reimbursements (using Abacus) and maintain the
Reimbursement Process & Policy.
- Manage the company's accountant, and conduct basic bookkeeping
(using Quickbooks), e.g. allocation expenses on company credit
cards into different categories.
- Manage the invoice creation, maintenance, update, and Account
Receivable pursuit after ramping up (using Quickbooks).
- Deposit payments from clients and ensure good documentation,
e.g. scan checks into G-drive and share with the company's
- Manage Account Payable activities (using Bill.com ).
- Budget for expenses on monthly basis and work with the CEO to
achieve financial goals.
- Event Management - plan, organize, and execute:
- Team outings (semi-annually).
- Team lunch out of office (monthly).
- Other events per need - we celebrate often!
- Collaborate with different hiring managers on team on
candidates sourcing, outreaching, and interview scheduling (using
- Manage job posts and company profile on different recruiting
platforms, e.g. Glassdoor, HackerNews, Linkedin etc.
- Drive marketing efforts for recruiting.
- Basic Human Resources Operations:
- Manage new employee onboarding and continue to improve the
- Manage employee benefits, e.g. medical, dental, vision, gym,
paid time off, free parking etc.
- Support immigration matters for employees with the CEO.
- Manage potential off-boarding.
- Team Happiness & Morale Building:
- Manage employee survey, net promoter score, and constantly
improve the company's capability of maintaining high team
moraleInitiate celebrations for the team timely and properly.
- Cheer the team up timely and properly during difficult times.
- Passionate about people ops.
- Successful experience and passionate in scaling with an early
stage company into the next stage.
- Mission driven, hungry for impact & growth, motivated for
constant learning, proactive at collaboration, strong sense of
responsibility, and love to have fun besides hard work.
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically.
Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment. BENEFITS
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401K plan with hard 3% company match regardless of your
- Free monthly parking nearby office / commuter program for
- Monthly gym subsidies.
- Free breakfast, catered lunch, snacks 24/7.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Regular team nights and team celebrations upon milestones (you
will be the one to make it happen!) Email resume and a brief
statement about your interests/long term career goals to
firstname.lastname@example.org for an interview!
Keywords: Smarking Inc, San Francisco , Office Operations Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!