Medical Director Physician - North San Francisco Bay Area, California
Company: Integrity Healthcare
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Medical Director opening in San Francisco, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Reporting to the
Chief Medical Officer, the Site Medical Director (SMD) provides
supervision and direction to the provider staff at one or more site
locations, oversight and guidance to the clinical staff and
oversight for all clinical aspects of care provided at the site(s).
Under the direction of the CMO, the SMD works closely and
collaboratively with the site administrative director to ensure
quality, safety, efficiency, patient flow, adherence to policies
and procedures, to maintain a high level of patient and provider
satisfaction, to communicate and implement organizational
initiatives, to plan and promote the fiscal health of the
organization and to facilitate internal communication, particularly
with the provider staff.Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired
but not required.Responsibilities
- Supervises, evaluates and supports site licensed clinicians
through goal setting, coaching, mentoring and performing and
participating in peer review and performing annual performance
- Leads the site clinicians to ensure that productivity standards
patient and clinician satisfaction goals are met.
- Provides leadership for quality initiatives and ensures site
clinician performance and documentation related to quality, safety
- Leads and/or promotes organization or site projects that
improve access, quality of care or other initiatives or projects as
assigned by the CMO.
- Assists CMO with interviews, hires, and orientation of licensed
- Provides leadership for collaborative team approaches to
developing and enhancing an integrated system of care and maximizes
patient flow and efficiency.
- Assists in the development and implementation of both
administrative and clinical policies and procedures related to the
delivery of care.
- Leads provider meetings, QA meetings, Leadership Team meetings
and other professional activities as requested by the Chief Medical
- Participates in Clinical Leadership Meetings and leads
initiatives and provides direction for the team and clinic site
- Collaborates with the site administrative director and advises
in all matters related to clinical performance including providing
clinical direction and oversight for clinical staff and procedures,
assists with the development of the operating budget and ongoing
planning and direction for operating within the budget through the
fiscal year, and providing input to the capital budget process for
- Role models the behaviors that epitomize the organizational
values of integrity, respect, diversity, competency and teamwork
and that align with organizational mission to improve the health of
our patients and community by providing high quality,
cost-effective, culturally sensitive, patient-centered health
- Completes and manages performance appraisals for Provider
- Other duties as assigned.Clinical Duties
- Provides for the diagnosis, treatment and follow up of patients
within the scope of his/her license to practice medicine.
- Provides back-up for mid-level providers on site, or by phone
during the day or after hours.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as indicated in the
position description for a staff physician with his/her scope and
license to practice.Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Board Eligible/Board certified preferred.
- MD (Family or Internal Medicine) or DO with current California
License and DEA certificate.
- Prior work experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired but not
- 3 or more years experience providing primary care in a family
practice setting preferred.
- Ability to provide supervision and direction to Provider
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and abilities.
- Ability to lead and manage conflict resolution.
- Strong mentoring ability and coaching skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all functions and at all
levels within the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills and abilities.
- Ability to set priorities and achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated clinical skills.
- Microsoft Computer skills required.
- NextGen Electronic Health Records Experience a plus.
- Current BLS certification.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sensitive to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural
population from a variety of income levels.We are an independent,
nonprofit organization that is a vital part of the healthcare
network of our community. As a Federally Qualified Health Center,
we serve patients from all walks of life. Our patients include
those who are employed and have private health insurance, people
enrolled in Covered California plans, people covered by public
insurance programs, and those with limited or no health insurance.
No one is turned away and charges are based on each individual's
ability to pay. Today, we serve more than 35,000 individuals every
year in our nine clinics. Keyphrases: health administration jobs,
medical director jobs, hospital administration jobs, hospital
administrative jobs, healthcare administration jobs, administration
jobs, healthcare administrator jobs, medical administration jobs,
chief medical officer jobs, medical director position jobs,
associate medical director jobs, medical ceo jobs, healthcare ceo
jobs, medical administrative jobs, executive director jobs
Keywords: Integrity Healthcare, San Francisco , Medical Director Physician - North San Francisco Bay Area, California, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!