Director, Alliance Management Operations
Company: BeiGene, Ltd.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director, Alliance Management Operations US-CA-Home Office
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and
exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When
considering candidates, we look for scientific and business
professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most
importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
Director, Alliance Management Operations
General Description The Director, Alliance Management Operations
candidate will provide exceptional centralized support to BeiGene's
growing Alliance Management team. The candidate must possess strong
organizational skills and able to communicate effectively across
BeiGene functions and geographies. The candidate will also
demonstrate the ability to focus on details while retaining the
big-picture context of helping to establish BeiGene as the partner
of choice. The candidate will ensure consistent, high-quality
operational execution by driving key Alliance Management
initiatives. Such initiatives will enable cross-functional
transparency and organizational readiness for BeiGene's expanding
alliance portfolio. The Associate Director, Alliance Management
Operations candidate will remain adaptable to the changing needs of
the Alliance Management team. The candidate will also work
collaboratively with other Operations Leads to proactively address
any items requiring simplification, innovation, or improvement
across the organization.
-- Key Responsibilities
Support Alliance Management Readiness and Lead Strategic
- Support the annual setting, tracking and refresh of Alliance
Management's goals, priorities and initiatives to ensure the team
is aligned and proactive on yearly objectives.
- Drive execution of Alliance Management's goals by leading team
meetings, monitoring progress and identifying obstacles that impede
BeiGene's premier partner status.
- Support delivery of initiatives that enhance Alliance
Managements operational capabilities and continually scan for new
opportunities to elevate BeiGene as the partner of choice. Ongoing
Alliance Management Support
- Maintain a deep understanding of the Alliance Management space
and evolving best practices across our industry.
- Provide support for each Alliance Manager as needed, including
specific, project-based assignments that enhance external
- Support the Alliance Management team's accountability to
BeiGene's executive management, including assembly of health checks
on the partnership portfolio and participation in internal
governance. Alliance Management Process Optimization
- Proactively map, optimize, and continuously improve key
Alliance Management processes.
- Identify and implement technology and tools that enable the
Alliance Management team to operate efficiently and expand
- Develop and track metrics to enable executive management's
informed decision making on the alliance portfolio.
- Oversee strategic initiatives for process improvements and
collaborate with other Operations Leads to implement improvements
across functions. Business Development Operational Collaboration
- Work closely with the BD Operations Lead to ensure
cross-functional alignment and success for respective and shared
- Work with the BD Operations Lead to leverage collaboration
tools, Information Systems and best practices shared across the
Alliance Management and Business Development teams. Alliance
Management Training and Development
- Develop, lead, and implement a training program designed to
upskill the Alliance Management team in support of strong,
- Has desire to personally develop into increasing level of
responsibility within the Alliance Management and/or Business
- BS/BA with 12+ years' relevant experience or an advanced degree
(e.g., MS, MBA, PhD, PharmD, etc.) with 9+ years' relevant
experience (Relevant experience includes Alliance Management,
Business Development, Management Consulting, Project Management,
Operations or Finance).
- 3+ years of biopharma-industry project management experience
with knowledge of progressive stages of drug development
- Strong cross-functional experience and executive presence
- Experience evaluating and implementing enhanced functional
- Highly organized and motivated individual possessing strong
interpersonal, communication, written and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships, influence,
negotiate, and drive organizational engagement with
cross-functional and high-level stakeholders internally and
- Ability to maintain multiple concurrent timelines with
competing priorities, while remaining flexible and adapting quickly
to changing needs.
- Ability to drive operational excellence and consistently
deliver timely results independently with limited guidance in
support of multiple stakeholders.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of
others; Works with integrity and ethically in accordance with
BeiGene's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, policies and
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Completes administrative tasks correctly and
on time; Follows instructions and responds to management
- Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read
and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives
and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team
spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports
everyone's efforts to succeed; Contributes to building a positive
team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
- Adaptability - Able to adapt to changes in the work
environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method
to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change,
delays, or unexpected events.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and development
areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
- Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress;
Completes projects on time and within budget. We are proud to be an
equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other
basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the
basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Posted 3 Days
Ago Full time R3255 About Us BeiGene is a global, commercial-stage,
research-based biotechnology company focused on molecularly
targeted and immuno-oncology cancer therapeutics. Currently
employees are located in APAC, United States and Europe. BeiGene is
advancing a pipeline consisting of novel oral small molecules and
monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of cancer. BeiGene is
working to create combination solutions aimed at having both a
meaningful and lasting impact on cancer patients. For more
information, see www.beigene.com.
Keywords: BeiGene, Ltd., San Francisco , Director, Alliance Management Operations, Executive , Emeryville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!