Manager, Global Accounts Receivable
Company: Alexion Pharma Spain S.L.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Req ID: 24250
Job Category: Finance & Accounting Attention: If you are a current
Alexion employee, please apply via
Alexion's internal Life & Career portal . Note that you will need
to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the
office. Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging
or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees
associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees
with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are
contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent,
and please do not provide any information or money to these
individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion
website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to
GSOC@alexion.com Share this job *This position can be based from
any of the following Alexion locations; San Francisco, CA, Boston,
MA, New Haven, CT, or Blue Bell, PA or be remote/virtual, based
anywhere in the United States and may require up to 10% travel.
Position Summary This position is responsible for managing the
Global Accounts Receivable process and team within the Global
Finance Business Services organization. This role will report to
the Associate Director, Global Order to Cash processes.
- Oversee the daily, monthly and year-end global accounts
receivable operations and monthly close process while ensuring
compliance with global policies and standards.
- Ensure the accuracy of global customer accounts and billing
operations including regulatory compliance.
- Develop and lead a high-performance global Accounts receivable
- Lead the business requirement setting and implementation of the
Accounts Receivable and Credit Management module for SAP S4 Hana
and/or other third-party software systems.
- Review and interpret terms and conditions of revenue contracts
and ensure accurate related invoicing.
- Work collaboratively with IT and key business stakeholders to
drive key system and/or process initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure current and complete documentation of process design and
standard operating procedures
- Manage and develop global accounts receivable policies and
- Monitor the agreed process performance targets and hold the
external service provider accountable for delivery to the agreed
- Develop and present global accounts receivable results to
management and/or stakeholders.
- Work with the Service Delivery teams understand the root cause
of process issues in order to resolve and identify continuous
improvement and transformation opportunities from a service
- Develop, monitor and track effects of continuous improvement
initiatives to ensure both short and long-term value creation.
- Attend key governance meetings and provide inputs as
- Act as a point of contact for process escalations
- Be proactively involved with business/customer teams in order
to understand the current and future day-to-day operational needs
and to understand major process gaps in order to drive proactive
changes, improvements and solutions.
- Support the Global Process Owner in steering and achieving the
Global Order to Cash strategy and delivering targets,
- Deliver training and/or global accounts receivable related
- Minimum of 7-8 years of progressive work experience within
accounting or accounts receivable with 3 years of team leadership
- Previous experience in a large, multinational organization and
proven ability to understand complex revenue, multicurrency
accounts receivable transactions.
- Strong SAP or large global ERP system experience.
- Previous ERP or Global accounts receivable software
implementation experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong
analytical and communication skills.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to collaborate
with management and key stakeholders.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and solution focused leader.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Finance *LI- ,
-- Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job
where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At
Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to
serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These
patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency,
and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion--is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving
patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating
conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization
of life-changing medicines. As a leader in rare diseases for more
than 25 years,--Alexion--has developed and commercializes two
approved complement inhibitors to treat patients with paroxysmal
nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic
syndrome (aHUS), as well as the first and only approved complement
inhibitor to treat anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR)
antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG) and
neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD).--Alexion--also has
two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients
with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders,
hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D)
as well as the first and only approved Factor Xa inhibitor reversal
agent. In addition, the company is developing several
mid-to-late-stage therapies, including a copper-binding agent for
Wilson disease, an anti-neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) antibody for
rare Immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated diseases and an oral Factor D
inhibitor as well as several early-stage therapies, including one
for light chain (AL) amyloidosis, a second oral Factor D inhibitor
and a third complement inhibitor.--Alexion--focuses its research
efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade
and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of
hematology, nephrology, neurology, metabolic disorders and
cardiology. Headquartered in--Boston, Massachusetts,--Alexion--has
offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50
countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at:
www.alexion.com . As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is
proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive
compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed
to support the health, wellness and financial security of our
employees and their families. Benefits include group medical,
vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance,
401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation
assistance and much more. Alexion participates in E-Verify process.
To learn more, please click on attached document(s)
Keywords: Alexion Pharma Spain S.L., San Francisco , Manager, Global Accounts Receivable, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!