Senior Manufacturing Quality Manager NY
Company: Cree Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Wolfspeed, CREE is seeking a proven, hands-on Senior
Manufacturing Quality Manager to proactively lead the Quality
function for the start up of the world's most state of the art
silicon carbon wafer fab in Upstate New York. To be successful,
this person will be a driven, self motivated leader who can create
a system, organization, and total quality culture that is adept at
continual improvement across multiple operational functions. This
position will start in Albany, NY but will relocate to Marcy, NY in
2021. What can Cree - Wolfspeed do for you?
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization.
- Optimize your potential in a high visibility in a $1+ billion
company, with great opportunities for career development and
- Work on industry leading technology in a rapidly growing
semiconductor products company.
- Make a difference at a company committed to making the world a
better place with its products and to green business practices.
What can you do for Cree - Wolfspeed :
- Set the Quality Strategy for Mohawk Valley Factory site.
- Work closely with site and business leadership to continue to
strengthen the quality culture and mindset with a focus on
- Ensure the ISO/IATF 16949 compliant quality management system
(QMS) is fully implemented, maintained, effective and continually
- Lead the site level Management Review of the QMS to verify
compliance to the documented systems, and identify opportunities
- Document, track, and report on key quality metrics for the site
and drive continual improvement actions
- Support the Customer facing Quality interface organization in
response to special requests, audits, and quality concerns.
- Lead an onsite quality team to support operations, growth, and
increased customer automotive quality requirements. Provide
guidance and feedback.
- Establish quality talent pipeline and develop robust succession
plans. What you need for success:
- A Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in
Engineering or other technical discipline. A Masters Degree is a
- Operational experience in high volume semiconductor
manufacturing environment. Assembly/Test experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge and experience related to automotive
Quality Systems and Continual Improvement methods.
- Demonstrated proficiency with common quality approaches/tools
including 8D, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, SPC, MSA, etc
- The ability to operate in a fast pace, highly dynamic
environment, at a detailed execution level, as well as on a
- Demonstrated capability of interacting with senior leaders
through the organization and maintaining credibility and
collaboration between the quality function and other business
- Ability to work in large, complex, global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data analysis/database tools a plus (Excel,
JMP, Minitab, SQL)--
- US citizen or Green Card holder.
- Excellent performance management skills. We are an equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Posted 3 Days Ago Full time 21-102 About Us Cree
- Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on
silicon carbide and GaN technologies. After more than thirty years
of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our
Wolfspeed-- power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and
lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled
expertise and capacity.
Keywords: Cree Inc., San Francisco , Senior Manufacturing Quality Manager NY, Executive , Albany, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!