Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The finance team at Hearsay is a driving force in most of what
we do. At its core that means helping set the strategy and making
sure we've got the right resources to execute that strategy, all
while driving to the optimal financial position. We're excited to
find a talented individual to join the team as Director of
FP&A! Reporting into the VP of Finance, the Director of
FP&A will be responsible for the elements of Strategic and
Operational Planning. This includes helping to define corporate
objectives, building a financial plan that supports those
objectives and the corresponding scenarios, and a resourcing model
that can execute to the plan. In addition, the Director of FP&A
will manage two analysts and be responsible for field compensation
planning and playing a supporting role in deal structures. About
Hearsay Systems: Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity,
and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in
offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies
within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and
dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our
people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice.
And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft
Dynamics, and other CRM systems. Hearsay is used by more than
170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients
include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan
Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to
get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more
effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls,
text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Create forward looking models (at least annually) that drive
the investment/growth vs profitability/cash tradeoff decisions.
This will include ARR and revenue growth, resourcing models, and
- Establish the strategic business plans with each functional
group and the leadership team. Build trusted relationships with key
business partners and stakeholders both within the G&A function
- Active management of day-to-day operations, including expenses
and cash, to make sure the business is running efficiently and
meeting financial commitments.
- Develop the field commissions plans in conjunction with field
leadership, including setting quotas for the various roles and
specific compensation structures beyond the quotas.
- Build Board of Directors and Leadership team presentations that
cover key financial information, business results, and KPIs
- Drive steady improvements to and automation of current
processes with the goal of freeing up time to a focus on
- Supervise two analysts - one who takes lead on the financial
model and the other who builds the ARR model and the commissions
structures. About you:
- 7 years of FP&A experience in the technology industry;
Bachelor's degree in Finance. MBA preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint (and the Google equivalents).
Adaptive Insights and NetSuite system familiarity is a plus.
- US GAAP knowledge
- Understanding of SaaS concepts around revenue and costs
- Prior experience in Financial Accounting. Banking/M&A
experience is a plus
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts,
practices and procedures of Financial Planning and Analysis,
including superior forecasting methods and techniques and advanced
analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Good understanding of sales compensation structures and are
familiar with how to perform commission calculations.
- Possess a growth mindset and develop a thorough understanding
of the business so you can identify gaps and provide
recommendations on the best course of action.
- Excel at defining what success looks like, what the steps are
to achieve that success and program managing during the process to
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can
present complex financial information in an easy to understand
- Capable of working cross-functionally across the organization
and managing relationships with various teams Our commitment to
diversity and inclusion: At Hearsay we believe that diverse teams
are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Lever, San Francisco , Director, FP&A, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!