Product Design Manager, Messenger - Design Systems
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Messenger is looking for an experienced Product Design Manager
to lead a team of talented designers as we build Messenger's design
systems. Our charter is to build the best design and engineering
standards and resources for internal teams in order to create high
quality, app-wide experiences for people. Craft and quality are at
the heart of what we do, and as people spend more time
communicating in private digital spaces, our work are more
important than ever.
- Build and manage a growing team of talented designers.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high
bar of quality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management,
engineering, user research and communication design to ensure a
smooth product development process.
- Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Collaborate successfully with a large number of teams.
- Communicate with data to drive change.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design.
- 6+ years of experience working collaboratively with
engineering, design and user research teams.
- 5+ years of management experience with direct reports under
your guidance and leadership.
- Senior people management, team development, and recruiting
- Experience growing strategic design practice within design
- Visual and interaction experience in software design.
- Experience executing with hands-on design.
- Experience leading design systems
- Having deep knowledge in iOS/Material/Desktop
standardsFacebook's mission is to give people the power to build
community and bring the world closer together. Through our family
of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company
that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways
to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer
together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small
business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at
heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems,
and working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, San Francisco , Product Design Manager, Messenger - Design Systems, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!