Medical Director Physician - North San Francisco Bay Area, California
Company: Integrity Healthcare
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Site Medical
Director (SMD) provides supervision and direction to the provider
staff at one or more site locations, oversight and guidance to the
clinical staff and oversight for all clinical aspects of care
provided at the site(s). Under the direction of the CMO, the SMD
works closely and collaboratively with the site administrative
director to ensure quality, safety, efficiency, patient flow,
adherence to policies and procedures, to maintain a high level of
patient and provider satisfaction, to communicate and implement
organizational initiatives, to plan and promote the fiscal health
of the organization and to facilitate internal communication,
particularly with the provider staff.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired but not required.
- Supervises, evaluates and supports site licensed clinicians
through goal setting, coaching, mentoring and performing and
participating in peer review and performing annual performance
- Leads the site clinicians to ensure that productivity standards
patient and clinician satisfaction goals are met.
- Provides leadership for quality initiatives and ensures site
clinician performance and documentation related to quality, safety
- Leads and/or promotes organization or site projects that
improve access, quality of care or other initiatives or projects as
assigned by the CMO.
- Assists CMO with interviews, hires, and orientation of licensed
- Provides leadership for collaborative team approaches to
developing and enhancing an integrated system of care and maximizes
patient flow and efficiency.
- Assists in the development and implementation of both
administrative and clinical policies and procedures related to the
delivery of care.
- Leads provider meetings, QA meetings, Leadership Team meetings
and other professional activities as requested by the Chief Medical
- Participates in Clinical Leadership Meetings and leads
initiatives and provides direction for the team and clinic site
- Collaborates with the site administrative director and advises
in all matters related to clinical performance including providing
clinical direction and oversight for clinical staff and procedures,
assists with the development of the operating budget and ongoing
planning and direction for operating within the budget through the
fiscal year, and providing input to the capital budget process for
- Role models the behaviors that epitomize the organizational
values of integrity, respect, diversity, competency and teamwork
and that align with organizational mission to improve the health of
our patients and community by providing high quality,
cost-effective, culturally sensitive, patient-centered health
- Completes and manages performance appraisals for Provider
- Other duties as assigned. Clinical Duties
- Provides for the diagnosis, treatment and follow up of patients
within the scope of his/her license to practice medicine.
- Provides back-up for mid-level providers on site, or by phone
during the day or after hours.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as indicated in the
position description for a staff physician with his/her scope and
license to practice. Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Board Eligible/Board certified preferred.
- MD (Family or Internal Medicine) or DO with current California
License and DEA certificate.
- Prior work experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) highly desired but not
- 3 or more years experience providing primary care in a family
practice setting preferred.
- Ability to provide supervision and direction to Provider
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and abilities.
- Ability to lead and manage conflict resolution.
- Strong mentoring ability and coaching skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all functions and at all
levels within the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills and abilities.
- Ability to set priorities and achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated clinical skills.
- Microsoft Computer skills required.
- NextGen Electronic Health Records Experience a plus.
- Current BLS certification.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sensitive to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural
population from a variety of income levels. We are an independent,
nonprofit organization that is a vital part of the healthcare
network of our community. As a Federally Qualified Health Center,
we serve patients from all walks of life. Our patients include
those who are employed and have private health insurance, people
enrolled in Covered California plans, people covered by public
insurance programs, and those with limited or no health insurance.
No one is turned away and charges are based on each individual's
ability to pay. Today, we serve more than 35,000 individuals every
year in our nine clinics.
Keyphrases: health administration jobs, medical director jobs,
hospital administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs,
healthcare administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare
administrator jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical
officer jobs, medical director position jobs, associate medical
director jobs, medical ceo jobs, healthcare ceo jobs, medical
administrative jobs, executive director jobs
Keywords: Integrity Healthcare, San Francisco , Medical Director Physician - North San Francisco Bay Area, California, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!