Director of Analytics
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Founded in 2013, Thistle is an early stage food-tech startup
empowering our customers to get and stay healthy while improving
the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious,
organic, healthy, plant-forward meals, cold-pressed juices and
snacks to customers who want to put their nutrition on auto-pilot.
We don't want to be just another food delivery startup or meal-kit
company. Our focus is on the health and happiness of our customers,
and we are revolutionizing how fresh, nutritious, high-quality food
is purchased, manufactured, and delivered at scale. Thistle is
headquartered in San Francisco and we are backed by some amazing
investors in the Bay Area and beyond. About the Role:-- We're
looking for a seasonedDirector of Analytics, reporting to our Chief
Product Officer, to create and scale the data infrastructure to
measure our goals and KPIs, enable data-driven decision-making
through measurement and instrumentation, and drive analyses of our
business, our customers, and our operations that inform our
strategy. What You'll Do:
- Build and lead a team of talented analysts, data scientists,
and data engineers.
- Drive a data-driven decision culture across the company; ensure
that teams are empowered to monitor and answer their own questions
while identifying the most important deep dives to tackle as
analytics team initiatives.
- Lead the design, development, and evolution of Thistle's data
warehouse, data pipelines, and reporting and analysis systems.
- Lead the design, development, and usage of machine
learning/statistical models and ensure rigorous validation
procedures and adoption.
- Build strong working relationships and develop deep
partnerships with the business and the leadership(e.g. CPO, CMO,
- Cultivate a team with high performance standards, inclusivity,
collaboration, and commitment.
- Recruit outstanding talent to expand the capabilities and scope
of the team.
- Effectively manage performance and grow the careers of those on
the analytics teamby setting clear expectations and providing
mentoring and coaching in support of individual's goals.
- Deliver strong written and verbal communications to collaborate
with and influence business partners. What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of analytics experience, preferably in a high-growth,
- 3+ years managing high-performing analytics teams that
exemplify a culture of excellence.
- MBA, MS or PhD in the following discipline: Analytics, Business
Intelligence, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics,
Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Expert knowledge of statistical methods, SQL, and data
warehousing visualization technologies such as Redshift/Snowflake
- Experience executing or overseeing both data engineering and
product analytics at scale.
- Demonstrated passion for and success in attracting, assessing,
and closing highly skilled analytics candidates.
- Experience working across an entire organization, building
relationships to understand the ins and outs of the whole
- A passion for food, health, nutrition, and sustainability Life
- Join a kind, diverse, passionate & driven team of all
- Generous Employee Discount--
- Casual work environment
- Team-building and Frequent Wellness Events
- Flexible time off policy--
- Competitive salary & equity package Diversity and inclusion are
essential values at Thistle. We know we'll do our best and most
impactful work when we feel we're represented and we belong. We're
proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide
variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Thistle, San Francisco , Director of Analytics, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!