Posted on: January 15, 2021
Albany Methadone Medical Director Albany,--NY :--10/15/2020 Job
Description Job ID#: 2447 Job Category: Albany Methadone Position
Type: Full Time
Details: Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care
nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to
seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing,
and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple
aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia
champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health,
housing and community building services, work we have been doing
since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we've been
able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse,
Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.-- We are seeking a
Medical Director that--engages in the professional, organizational,
and administrative activities of the provide quality care to
clients based upon their medical and psycho-social needs. The
Medical Director develops, implements, evaluates the medical
practice delivery model in accordance with specific goals. The
responsibilities of the Medical Director are to be performed on a
full time basis and are designed to provide medical leadership,
services, direction and coordination in the provision of medical
care and physician services. The Medical Director is the liaison
between administration and the medical staff. The Medical Director
assumes responsibility for all applicable Federal, State and City
regulations for the department. Responsibilities consist of but not
- Participating in planning, development, and organization of
medical services provided.
- Meets with all scheduled patients efficiently and reviews
scheduling with supervisor daily.
- Develops and reviews all medical policies related to patient
- Conduct physical examinations of patients upon their admission
and thereafter on an annual, regular and on an
- Review the completion and appropriateness of all intake
documentation, including patient health history (i.e., other
medications and allergies), drug abuse history and previous
- Review and approval of initial needs assessment and patient
initial treatment plans and reviews.
- Participates in preparation for regulatory agency site
- Anytime the program is open and a physician is not present, a
physician must be available for consultation and to attend to any
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City regulatory requirements
and ensures all aspects of clinical care conforms to these
- Order, evaluate, adjust and terminate prescription of
medication dosages using sound medical, ethical and responsible
discretion and meets with the patient to discuss any adjustments in
- Reviews all accident/incidents related to patient care and
provides input into actions necessary to resolve identified
problems. Implements corrective actions as necessary and
- Ensures physical participation in the Interdisciplinary Care
- Prescription and provision of treatment in accordance to
patient's medical and mental condition and only upon their
- Determine physiological opiate dependency upon admission and
patient eligibility for admission to program.
- Determine patient qualification and fitness for OTP replacement
therapy and/or alternate medication assisted therapy services
needed. Establish buprenorphine service.
- Participate in a weekly and on an "as-needed-basis" case
conferencing sessions with MDT members to discuss preventative
treatment measure to adverse changes as well as progress in
patient's medical condition.
- Medical services provided by the program.
- Medical director will provide medical services to the program.
The medical director will have oversight of the development and
revision of medical policies and procedures and ongoing
- Collaborative supervision with the Program Director of
non-medical staff in the provision of substance use disorder
- Supervision of medical staff in the performance of medical
- Oversight of the development of policies and procedures to
ensure the provision of routine services,
- Oversight of the establishment of policies and procedures for
public health education and screening
- Assisting in the development of necessary referral and linkage
relationships with other institutions and agencies
- Ensuring the program compliance with all federal, state and
local laws and regulations.
- Assures medical staff compliance with all regulatory and
- Ensures compliance of all members of the medical staff to the
rules, regulations and bylaws of the Medical Department. Assures
medical staff competence with all applicable policies and
procedures of the facility and initiates action in cases of
- Participating in the comprehensive care planning, discharge
planning, and client and staff development by providing ongoing
medical training and education to staff.
- Providing medical assessment, consultation, treatment, and
referrals that facilitate comprehensive and coordinated patient
- Providing crisis intervention and consultation on
- Assessing client's need for hospitalization and consultation
with client's Primary Care Provider to include other care providers
the patient is linked with and/or referred to.
- Reviewing--all patient medication and, if indicated, prescribes
medication in consultation with client's Primary Care Provider upon
- Providing the Program Director with reports on recommendations
concerning the medical services.
- Sharing in the administrative functions that directly impact
medical services;--collaborating with the management team in
overall planning and budget activities; assuring delivery of
- Services to all patients in a respectful and professional
manner. Education/ License:
- MD/DO (Degree in Medicine/Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine),
admitting priviledges to at least one geographically accessible
acute care hospital, in good standing preferred.
- Current and unrestricted license as a physician in NYS.
- Current DEA Registration in good standing.
- Data 2000 waiver (Buprenorphine)
- Infection Control-- Qualifications:
- Complete three years of residency/training.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Addiction Medicine
- Current with the Continuing Medical Education ("CME") licensure
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related
to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory,
administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues,
especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Previous experience providing services and exercising
leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with
- Culturally aware and sensitive to the special needs of
- Experience working in a substance abuse setting. Benefits: We
offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer* Job
Already have an account? Log in here
Keywords: alphanumeric, San Francisco , Medical Director, Executive , Albany, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!