Engineering Manager -Ingestion
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: October 19, 2020
LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and
easy to connect the world's data, people, and applications. We are
the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS
businesses anywhere-the enabling product behind many of the world's
biggest brands and technology platforms.
LiveRamp is looking for an Engineering Manager to help support and
grow developers on our Ingestion team. As an Engineering Manager,
you are responsible for making your developers successful by
setting context, resolving blockers, removing distractions,
instituting smart processes, and recruiting new members for the
You have the ability to guide engineers in their development and
create a fun and productive workplace environment. You also have
the technical background to serve as a sounding board to the
engineers on your team on major projects. We value integrity,
empowerment, initiative, and teamwork, and our leaders cultivate
these behaviors in the organization.You will:
- Help recruit and act as a leader within a growing team of
- Drive consistency in communication and process for deployments,
change requests, etc.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders across
organizations to drive product impact via knowledge
- Lead a team solving complex big data related problems utilizing
cutting edge solutions.
- Ensure operational excellence and empower the organization to
achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and
- Iterate on our high performance and scalable platform for
massive data collection, real-time analytics and backend data
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment,
initiative, and teamwork.
- Be a coach to the engineers on the team, helping them succeed
in their current role while preparing them for future
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the
Your team will:
- Collect and process petabytes of data from a rich set of data
sources and transform that data into meaningful information.
- Engineer scalable data processing engines of remarkable
- Deliver on the technical roadmap for LiveRamp's core product
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience and 3+ years of
experience leading engineering teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology
or another computer-based discipline.
- You have demonstrated expertise in building and running
petabyte-scale data ingestion, processing and analytics systems
leveraging the open-source ecosystem, including Hadoop, Kafka,
Spark or similar technologies.
- You have prior hands-on experience with Java, Scala, Ruby or
familiarity with the JVM ecosystem.
- You have experience driving design discussions, performing code
reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and
- You love coaching people and developing an effective
organization even more than you love complex technical
- You're familiar with large distributed systems and performance
optimization of complex enterprise systems.
- You have extremely strong written and spoken communication,
with the ability to effectively change communication style based on
the audience (executive leadership, marketing, management, product,
engineering, data scientists). Ability to explain complex technical
topics at appropriate levels of detail for each audience.
- You've successfully recruited great people to your teams or
have participated as a leader in the interview process.
- You have an ideology around management and all its attendant
responsibilities that is backed by experience and thought.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, and
you see challenges as opportunities for growth.
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people
who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping
trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive
health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage
of our commuter benefits.
More about us:We recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange
(ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals
are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no
debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a
record pace. Want to build the future with 1000 savvy, curious
LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
LiveRamp provides the identity resolution services and integrations
that are the foundation for omnichannel marketing. Our services
transform the technology platforms used by our customers into
people-based marketing channels that improve the relevancy of
marketing, and ultimately allow consumers to better connect with
the brands and products they love.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could
continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough
to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp
employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.LiveRamp is
an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
(AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting,
hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or
the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color,
sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected
status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
will be considered for the position in accordance with the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: LiveRamp, San Francisco , Engineering Manager -Ingestion, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!