Manager, Therapeutics Procurement
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Who you are
23andMe is looking for an individual contributor who will help
drive improvements throughout procurement and Operations.
You will collaborate with teams to develop sourcing solutions for
23andMe's Therapeutics Division. You will manage sourcing of
services and goods, material planning, supplier management and
overall drug development risk reduction and total cost management.
The key to your success will be the ability to create and manage
procurement business processes and sourcing strategies that enable
23andMe to meet our substantial growth plans. You will also help
manage Operational support for 23andMe's therapeutics needs and
participate in new initiatives to create operational excellence.
You will report directly to our Director, Supply Chain and
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe's mission has been to help people access,
understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of
passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to
help turn genetic insight into better health and personal
What you'll do
- Implement strategies to promote supplier selection,
qualification, commercial negotiations, contract development, and
contract administration activities.
- Exercise sound business judgment in applying and implementing
procurement activities, including recommendations for alternative
solutions that meet our priorities.
- Manage supply and delivery of goods and services, to ensure
- Identify opportunities that focus on cost reductions,
efficiencies/quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry and
supply trends and shifts in technology.
- Proactively encourage and foster effective teamwork, and
actively solicit ideas from others that are used in seeking sound
- Oversee procurement transactions such as orders, invoices, and
- Manage the supply ordering system and catalogs maintained in
- Understand compliance issues and their impacts to the business
by ensuring confidentiality/legal/internal controls requirements
- Comply with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory
and governmental regulations and laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including but not
limited to supporting sourcing projects and supplier management
activities to support other groups within 23andMe.
- Help improve operational efficiencies for 23andMe's
Therapeutics division by implementing creative solutions and
establishing performance indicators.
- Identify and support process improvement plans for 23andMe
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in supply chain
management, management sciences, biology, business or
- 3-7 years of experience in biotech/biopharma procurement,
Pharmaceutical R&D Operations or related supply chain functions
(preferably in therapeutics or other similar regulated
- Familiarity with pharma R&D terminology, experience in
Pharma R&D centric procurement support, ability to understand
diverse and at times complex Pharma R&D centric procurement
- Experience and ability to work with a diverse set of
Therapeutics development SMEs in discovery, pre-clinical,
Toxicology, and other translation sciences.
- Ability to clearly communicate one's view with the ability to
see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand the needs of
different team members.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with multiple team members
(i.e., colleagues, suppliers, and internal/external customers).
- Experience leading cross-functional groups and projects,
developing and executing sourcing strategies, contract negotiations
and managing 3rd party supplier relationships.
- Experience developing, documenting, implementing and improving
- Ability to manage change, work with minimal supervision, and
prioritize while maintaining a positive and collaborative
- Tenacious attention to detail and consistency.
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Oracle
Keywords: 23andMe, San Francisco , Manager, Therapeutics Procurement, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!