Company: SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 17, 2020
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is
seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers
who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our
collaborative design practice as a Project Manager in our
Architecture group to work on inspiring and innovative projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong architectural background,
collaborative spirit and proven success managing all facets of a
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles the goals and priorities of SOM with those of our
clients while fostering opportunities for design and technical
- Manages project services required; maintains internal cost
control procedures, monitors and documents project process.
- Contributes to SOM's leadership by enabling clear
communications among team leaders, consultants and clients while
promoting professional relationships internally and
- Promotes Project Management as a discipline within and outside
- Develops and maintains a Project Plan for each project.
- Conduct important client communications and videoconferencing
occasionally after hours to coincide with regular business hours in
the Project Locale.
- Convey valuable design information from the client to the
- Prepares services agreement in conjunction with Project
- Serves as primary contact with client, external consultants and
- Receives and distributes project communication regarding
delivery of services to all team leaders.
- Documents all phases of service.
- Chairs weekly project coordination meetings on all active
- Schedules and chairs all client meetings. Records the minutes
of these meetings and documents action items.
- Monitors services vis----vis the contract requirements and
identifies changes in project scope, schedule or service that
result in supplemental or additional services and bring such
changes to the immediate attention of the client and Project
- Prepares, in conjunction with Project Accountant, appropriate
billings and pursues payment compliant with services
- Maintains and updates project data in a timely fashion to
insure accurate reporting of earnings and accurate billings.
- Reviews timecards on a weekly basis for conformance with the
- Supervises one or more employees.
- Participates in marketing and business development.
- Actively pursues opportunities for professional
Desired skills and experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering
or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible project management
- Licensed Architect.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design,
drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes,
construction techniques and costs.
- Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including
programming, site planning, civil, structural, mechanical and
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with
the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees,
clients, consultants and vendors.
- Proven ability in problem identification, problem solving and
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally on a regular
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects,
competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and
financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We
believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm,
and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own
thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about
SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline:
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions
(Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work
samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF
attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of
your application in the section where the application asks you for
your Resume or CV.
Keywords: SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL LLP, San Francisco , Project Manager, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!