Manager, Software Engineering
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Esurance is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to join a
dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to
making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part
of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding
customer experience, you'll have the opportunity to expand your
skills and discover your potential. If you're looking for a career
at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits -
including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement - then you may
have just found your new home. Esurance combines the spunk of a
startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly
held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique,
energized, and exciting place to work. As the Manager of Software
Engineering you will lead and develop a high-performing engineering
team. Additionally, you will work with product owners to define the
customer-centric product strategy and roadmap and key success
metrics for your assigned program. As the Manager of Software
Engineer you will deliver high-quality products in line with
product and technical roadmaps, while driving software design,
establishing clarity in ambiguous technical environments,
accelerating deployment mechanisms, and managing
cross-organizational communication effectively
- Drives the customer-centered product direction and roadmap by
closely working with product owners & key stakeholders across the
- Performs product and systems analysis; provides technical
consultation and proposes solutions to resolve technical and/or
- Works closely with assigned teams to architect and develop
optimal system/product architecture design and approach.
- Establishes engineering standards and documentation
requirements; reviews and analyzes current applications and
develops recommendations & roadmaps for a world-class engineering
- Drives leadership consensus through presentation of complex
technical information, both verbally and in writing.
- Responsible for developing a high-performing engineering team,
including but not limited to managing the staffing, performance
management, training and development of assigned associates.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the team within an
Agile/Scrum environment. Qualifications:
- Open minded and entrepreneurial with a detail orientation of
what it takes to create customer-obsessed products.
- Hands-on experience in programming languages & developer
frameworks, like Java, SCALA, Python, Node JS, .NET
- Working experience with NoSQL and big data solutions is
- Demonstrated record of hiring and developing high-performance
- Positive track record of project delivery for large,
cross-functional, cross-organizational projects in a DevOps
- Working experience with a complex distributed systems product
with a REST-based API as the primary interface
- Excellent leadership, hands-on engineering project management
and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with
strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience /
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or
equivalent education required and 5 years of advanced level
Engineering experience executing product specification, system
design, development and system integration.
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in Computer Science, a related
field or equivalent education required and 3 years of
advanced-level Engineering experience executing product
specification, system design, development and
- 2 years of experience managing software engineering
teams.Esurance offers an exciting total rewards package to include:
- Benefits eligibility on day 1
- 401k + company matching
- 3 weeks paid parental leave following the birth, adoption or
foster placement of a child
- Tuition reimbursement & student loan repayment program
- Pet insurance discount
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- And much more!To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Keywords: Esurance, San Francisco , Manager, Software Engineering, Executive , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!