Company: Paradigm Management Services, LLC
Location: Walnut Creek
Posted on: January 17, 2020
For almost 30 years, Paradigm has been the industry leader in
solving complex health care challenges and improving lives. With
the most connected and experienced team in health care, we define
and deliver outcomes that exceed financial and health expectations
for our clients, as well as for individuals and their
families.Paradigm delivers its solutions through three divisions:
Catastrophic Care Management, Complex Care Solutions and Specialty
Networks. The Paradigm divisions are built on expertise from five
best-in-class businesses: Paradigm Outcomes, The ALARIS Group,
Encore Unlimited, ForeSight Medical and Adva-Net. Founded in 1991,
Paradigm is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California with offices
across the U.S. Paradigm is seeking an Operations Manager to join
our growing team!SUMMARY:The Manager of Operations position is
accountable for overseeing the day to day functioning of the
administrative operations staff, as well as responsible for
operational efficiency and overall employee satisfaction. Manager
will collaborate with Senior Management to oversee development and
implementation of best practice, develop and monitor workflows, and
execute operational initiatives outlined by the leadership team.
Manager will be responsible for adequate scheduling of department
resources, performance feedback, communication of processes and
procedures, and participation in process improvement
activities.ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
work-related duties may be assigned.
- Recruit, hire, oversee training of, and supervise Clinical
Services Coordinators CSC) and Clinical Services Associates
- May also include accountability for other administrative teams
within the clinical operations umbrella.
- Provide direct supervision, coaching and support to Clinical
Services Coordinators and Clinical Services Associates in all
aspects including, but not limited to, addressing operational
deficiencies, problem solving in real time, monitoring and
addressing staff productivity, directing operational workflows, and
creating best practices.
- Provide orientation, training, and mentoring support on a
regularly scheduled basis.
- Responsible for performance management and annual reviews
including establishing individual goals.
- Oversee the Senior CSCs to ensure consistent approach for
training of new staff as well as maintaining and updating
appropriate training documents and resources for the operations
- Responsible for coordination and provision of backup coverage
for team members to ensure staffing consistently meets business and
customer service needs.
- Assist the Director, Operations in creation of administrative
best practices, and coordinate appropriately with Director to
ensure staff adopt best practices.
- Participate in procedural and workflow development for the CSC
team as well as the overall Clinical Management team.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance metrics to drive
clinical administrative operational initiatives.
- Ensure operational procedures and process changes are
communicated effectively to all other units and departments
- Partner with IT to troubleshoot system related issues while
building operational efficiencies within the clinical database
- Assist Director, Operations with identifying, documenting and
implementing operational processes and procedures.
- Assist Director, Operations with identifying resource needs to
address business growth.
- Ensure all administrative training materials are consistent
with corporate strategy and other external training/marketing
materials (Sales, Provider Services, etc.).
- Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement
- Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT
- Responsible for notifying Paradigm of any IT security incidents
per Policy No. 255 Information Security Incident
- Mentor, train, and supervise team members directly and
indirectly, review their work and provide effective constructive
- Ensure all team members understand, are trained in, and comply
with Paradigms security requirements and policies.
- Ensure all team members have the minimum level of IT system
access required to effectively complete their Paradigm
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelors degree from an accredited educational
institution in business or health related field preferred.
- Experience: Three to five years supervisory experience
- Strong medical background to include comprehensive
understanding of medical terminology and health care principles and
- Training experience and working knowledge of training
- Demonstrated ability to define, manage, and modify operational
processes and workflows. Experience and working knowledge of
training techniques. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
to address operational and customer requests. Proficient in MSWord
for Windows, intermediate to advanced level computer experience on
a compatible computer and Windows software required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to address
operational and customer requests.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Activities: While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms,
and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: The employee's job does not
require weight to be lifted or force exerted.
- Vision Requirements: Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Environmental Conditions: While performing the duties of this
job, the employee does not: work in wet or humid conditions
(non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high,
precarious places; endure outdoor weather conditions; endure
extreme cold or heat (non-weather); or is at risk of electrical
- Noise Level: The noise level in the employee's work environment
is usually quiet to moderate. PI117098444
Keywords: Paradigm Management Services, LLC, San Francisco , Operations Manager, Executive , Walnut Creek, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!