Manager, Engineering - Backend Infrastructure
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our
mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability
of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine
hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and
AI to operations across various industries. Samsara's fast-growing
team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose,
Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen
Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara Networks is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager
to join our rapidly growing Backend Infrastructure team. As an
Engineering Manager focusing on Backend Infrastructure, you will
lead a team that designs and develops the infrastructure that
powers Samsara's IoT platform. The team is working on scaling our
data ingestion and storage systems to support more and more
connected devices, and working with engineers throughout the
company to make new types of data analysis possible.
Our backend is written in Golang, runs on AWS, and is deployed
using Terraform, though direct experience with these technologies
is not required.
A Manager, Engineering - Backend Infrastructure may work on:
- A load test that discovers scaling bottlenecks
- Sharding the main service with which our gateway devices
- Our framework that automatically delivers real-time data to our
- Long-term time series storage on S3 for later analysis
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara's cultural
principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term,
Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high
An ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years professional experience in a Software Engineering
- Built or worked on critical production systems using AWS or
other modern clouds
- Know distributed systems fundamentals and implementation best
- Direct people management experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes,
beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique
approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems.
We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and
ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds
can make an impact.
Keywords: Samsara, San Francisco , Manager, Engineering - Backend Infrastructure, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!