Customer Support Engineer
Location: Redwood City
Posted on: September 15, 2019
ABOUT USBuilt by the team that designed Facebook's technology to
understand the needs of its first billion users. Interana provides
the most powerful behavioral discovery platform to understand the
behavior of any combination of actors (people and things), actions
(behavior), and timeframe (seconds to years). Customers today
demand companies meet them wherever they are - online, offline, at
work, home or on the road. This digital transformation requires
companies to understand what their customers' experiences are
across each channel. Only Interana's continuous intelligence
platform gives any employee who can use a spreadsheet direct access
to 100% of their customer event data, and still provides answers in
seconds. Interana's Interactive Visual Interface is an easy-to-use
UI providing users accessible, powerful, and instant discovery and
analysis. Customers include Asana, Comcast, Goodyear, Microsoft,
Sonos, and Uber among others.WHAT YOU'LL BE DOINGEvery day, the
Support Engineering Team helps customer success, pre-sales,
product, engineering, and most importantly our users, to solve any
and all problems that come from working with billions of events.
From educating users on product features to dealing with server
outages, we're responsible for being the first line of defense in
ensuring that our customers are happy and successful. We are
engineers, first responders, detectives, teachers, students, and
above all else a team. We are Interana Support Engineering, and
we'd love for you to join us.
- Cluster Surgery - We're responsible for creating, maintaining,
and growing Interana environments that our customers use 24/7.
Hardware, import, performance, monitoring, backups, and software
upgrades are all part of our day to day. We also rotate being
on-call outside of business hours for urgent issues so our
customers are never left high and dry.
- Communication Wizardry - We create documentation, ask
questions, and engage in critical discussion with and for our
users. In all our projects, we make sure internal and external
stakeholders are aware of developments. We're experts in all
aspects of the product and enjoy sharing our knowledge and learning
even more about it.
- Bomb Defusing - In addition to discovering problems, we also
have a mandate to fix them as we have the technical and analytical
skills to do so.
- Ticket Juggling - We prioritize lots of challenges from lots of
people. We delegate, communicate, and manage our time to solve
problems effectively, punctually, and in the right order.
- Sharing and Caring - We absorb information, learn skills, and
set goals to grow as individuals, engineers, and leaders. We share
customer successes, issues, and pain points across the broader
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent technical
- Strong problem solving skills in an interrupt-driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to take initiative and solve problems without
direction from others is crucial.
- Interest in Analytics and experience with collecting,
importing, visualizing, exploring, and/or analyzing data is
- System Administration skills (linux, shell scripting)
- 5 + years of programming experience (preferably in Python,
- 3+ years in a customer support role
- Basic experience with mySQL
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or
- Experience with configuration management tools such as
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as
- Experience with git, branching, and version control
Interana is an E-Verify participant
Keywords: Interana, San Francisco , Customer Support Engineer, Engineering , Redwood City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!