Senior QA Engineer
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 16, 2019
About Bill.comBill.com is a leader in financial process automation
for small businesses and mid-size companies. Making it simple to
connect and do business, the Bill.com Back Office Cloud digitizes,
automates and simplifies legacy payment and financial processes.
With an integrated, end-to-end platform, Bill.com leverages
artificial intelligence to reduce manual work, and provides a cloud
workspace to help run your business anytime, anywhere. The company
partners with four of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more
than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and major accounting
software providers. Bill.com manages more than $70B in annual
payment volume across ACH, virtual cards, checks, and international
payments. The company has offices in Palo Alto, California and
Houston, Texas. For more information, visitwww.bill.com or follow
@billcom.Mission: Bill.com is hiring a Senior QA Engineer. This
position will be based out of our Houston campus. The candidate
will be a member of the Bill.com QA team and will be responsible
for enhancing, extending and potentially revamping our test
automation framework as well as testing our application.
- Architect, develop and extend our automation framework.
- Mentor QA staff on framework and best practices in
- Enhance our pipelines with automation: build and deployment
smoke tests, daily regressions, etc.
- Develop and execute test plans/test cases.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers, and other QA
team members in ensuring high quality products.
- Actively participate in the QA process
enhancements.Professional Experience/Background to be successful in
- 4+ years of testing Web based applications preferably SaaS
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically QA processes in
agile development cycles.
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex
- Proficient with JIRA or any other bug tracking and TestRail or
any other test management tools.
- Basic knowledge of Databases queries and PL/SQL.
- Experience testing Financial Products.
- Experience in working with automation tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Competencies
(Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Efficiency - Able to produce significant output with minimal
- Honesty/integrity - Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust
and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is
politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Follow-through on commitments - Lives up to verbal and written
- Analytical skills - Able to structure and process qualitative
and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately
without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard
in all forms of communication.
- Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with manager to
establish an overall collaborative working relationship.Expected
- Become familiar and contribute to our existing automation
framework. Formulate a plan for the future including POC's and
- Learn the Bill.com application, test environments, and
technologies by owning features, formulating test plans and
- Improve our automation state - establish coverage metrics,
organize and streamline our automation suites; make them
actionable, purposeful and leverageable in our build and release
pipelines.Bill.com Culture:--- Humble - No ego--- Fun - Celebrate
the moments--- Authentic - We are who we are--- Passionate - Love
what you do --- Dedicated - To each other and the customer
Keywords: Bill.Com, San Francisco , Senior QA Engineer, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!