Senior Operations Engineer
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what
they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and
customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work
hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a
good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in
mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
- About the Role...
This role requires you to think about our customers (both internal
and external) while delivering quickly on a wide range of daily
tasks - everything from script management, performance monitoring,
environment troubleshooting, ad-hoc walkups, automation efforts,
patching and code deployments will be a part of your day to
- Our team is directly responsible for ensuring a positive
customer experience when using the Workday application and this is
our main objective 24/7/365.
- Moving fast is key for the company and ensuring our Workday
Service is available requires on-call participation, careful
planning of changes, detailed runbooks - documentation,
collaboration and team due diligence.
- If an item of work is performed manually and repeated often,
you find a way to automate the task whether it be in Python, BASH,
- Experience and interest in building out a software development
pipeline will be key as the team moves forward and becomes more
project oriented as our operational tasks are automated.
- You'll need to handle multiple tasks, make the right business
decisions and solve problems while under pressure, and prioritize
and organize effectively.
What We'd Like To See..
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented
production environment, preferably across multiple data
- Advanced knowledge of GitHub will be needed for this role.
- Strong understanding of enterprise level thinking on a few
levels; documentation, runbooks, root cause analysis,
capacity-trending, bug fixes and scripting and your skills show
- Experience with a wide variety of tools: Chef, Puppet, SPLUNK,
SOLAS, Bladelogic, Ansible, JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Some background of Linux System debugging in a Production
- Interest in all things Environments related including topics
like Site Reliability, scalability, performance and ways to
automate is key.
- Experience in performance analysis supporting a Java
- Able to work some nights and weekends is required as part of
the on-call support and production update rotation.
- At a minimum, 2-4 years of Operations and/or Development
Keywords: Workday, San Francisco , Senior Operations Engineer, Engineering , Pleasanton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!