Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more
active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance
to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007-as a team of two with one big idea.
Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm
devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe.
In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from
the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products,--a top-rated
mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard,--Fitbit provides
personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals.
With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive
experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way
consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront
of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of
startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive
benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday
happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a
healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to
life-changing products and services, and-above all-have fun doing
Fitbit's--HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with
office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think
you've found your fit?
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for
everything regarding functional testing of all new and legacy
Fitbit products, ensuring the very best experience for our users in
the smallest possible device size.
What You'll Work On:
- Build functional test expertise within Fitbit's Test
Engineering and Manufacturing Team
- Support, define & design the testing of hardware for new and
- Collaborate closely with EE during new product bring-up to
understand product performance and test metrics with the goal of
transitioning to a factory environment
- Work closely with both internal and external engineering
groups: compliance, ME, EE
- Define test methods for evaluating product performance while
understanding the differing environments and goals of QA, DVT and
- Collaborate closely within the Test Engineering group on
production test fixtures to ensure good functional test coverage
and reproducible results
Who you are:
- Must have 8 or more years of testing engineering
- Develop test software in LabView and/or TestStand
- Ability to design testing road map, plan and implement to
- Must have hands-on experience working in a lab environment as
well as volume manufacturing
- Experience in functional test development for PCBA and system
- Experience in test and measurement instrumentation and
manufacturing test system design.
- RF and/or audio manufacturing test hardware and software
experience is highly desirable
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, cross-functional
- Some travel (about 25% but could be higher at times) to CMs in
Asia is expected. This is typically during major events such as
EVT, DVT & PVT.
- Ability to work on your own and within a team
- Ability to have fun & enjoy the job as well as the company
- BSEE or BS in Computer Science. MS preferred
- Solid knowledge in functional test development
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit,
hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions
without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or
breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a
person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression,
or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or
physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic
information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these
protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and
any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Fitbit, San Francisco , Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!