Senior Process Development Engineer, Purification & Chemical Process D
Company: Amyris, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2019
The Purification & Chemical Process Development team is seeking a Senior Process Development Engineer with experience in developing processes for bio-derived products. The position requires development of scale up and scale down methods and models to provide predictive process parameters for manufacturing scale and cost analysis. For technology transfers and CMO support up to 20% travel may be required. The ideal candidate should be experienced at both pilot and manufacturing scale, and have hands on experience with various unit operations, distillation, column adsorption and chromatography, crystallization and filtration. One of the goals of the Purification & Chemical Process Development team is to build quality, safety, and cost-efficiency into processes as they are developed, using microbially-derived substrates to produce sustainable products. The position requires interactions with several disciplines, including Manufacturing, Analytical Chemistry, EH & S, Regulatory and Quality systems. Collaboration is key to the success project success with safety as a priority for all Purification & Chemical Process Development activities. Responsibilities
- Responsibility for individual as well as co-worker safety and maintaining safety as the highest priority by supporting and reinforcing procedures and policies.
- Hands on performance of laboratory, or piloting experiments, analyze and interpret data to develop models for predictive performance and cost.
- Prepares estimated CAPEX for equipment modifications, and generates capital and variable cost estimates for purification and chemical processes.
- Management of resources, process cost models and timelines.
- Prepares longer term process development plans for proposed next generation processes to meet customer requirements and cost targets.
- Manages technology transfer from pilot scale to manufacturing scale.
- Determines mass and energy balances and engineers risk mitigation.
- Generates SOPs, Process Development Reports, technology transfers and batch records.
- Provides critical assessment of process strategy and communicates success probabilities to stakeholders. Qualifications
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, related discipline
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Established experience writing Development Reports, SOP's and Technology Transfers.
- Hands-on experience with, chromatography, adsorption and ion exchange columns, filtration systems, reactor systems and distillation units.
- Pilot and Manufacturing scale experience in processing bio-derived products
- Cost modeling, process design and statistical analysis
- Team oriented, with problem solving skills and effective communication skills.
- Embrace Amyris Core Values Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris' molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at . As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
Keywords: Amyris, Inc., San Francisco , Senior Process Development Engineer, Purification & Chemical Process D, Engineering , Emeryville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!