Senior Transportation Planner / Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Bring Your Vision to Shape a Better World
At Arup, our creative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the worlds most sustainable, transport, civil engineering and buildings projects. Arup is an employee-owned, global engineering and consulting firm of 15,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients needs.
Our Integrated Planning team in San Francisco and Oakland is looking for one or more Senior Transportation Planners/Engineers. The team is growing and may hire one or more people at different levels of seniority. You may work in either the San Francisco or Oakland offices.
The team undertakes unique and challenging projects. We look for team members with the technical expertise to achieve creative solutions. Current transportation planning projects include work for the public and private sector relating to multi-modal transportation planning, traffic engineering, transit planning, traffic micro simulation, parking, site planning & development, future mobility, complete streets, pedestrian & bicycle facilities, and integrated land use/transportation planning. You will report to our integrated planning lead.
- Manage transportation planning projects in the scope of Arups work including traffic, transit and active transportation, these projects influence on land use, and looking ahead to future mobility.
- You will manage preparation of high-quality project deliverables, including print documentation and presentations.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for internal and external meetings and representing Arup to clients and the public.
- Support business development efforts to secure planning work and build client relationships. Establishing connections with professional colleagues, developing marketing leads, preparing marketing proposals and materials.
- You will deliver high-quality products, undertaking financial management of projects and being responsible for client relationships, and management of subcontractors
- Manage junior staff participating in project work
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in City and Regional Planning, Civil Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 5-15 years progressively responsible professional experience.
- Portfolio of professional planning projects.
- Professional leadership demonstrated by publications, committee memberships, professional presentations or other activities.
- Professional qualification or engineering license in California, or AICP certification is desirable.
- Experience managing projects with CEQA requirements, traffic capacity analysis and micro simulation, or travel demand modeling is desirable.
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary outlook
- Creativity in intellectual and technical approach
- Established reputation in the professional community
- Experience working with both public and private sector clients
- Established working relationships with leading specialist firms
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, Paid Time Off (PTO) and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Keywords: Arup, San Francisco , Senior Transportation Planner / Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!