Virtualzation Storage Engineer
Company: TribolaTech Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: December 9, 2018
This is a fulltime opportunity with one of the leading Health organization in Palo Alto.Job Description:The Senior Virtualization - Storage Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the virtual infrastructure focusing on the VMware platform. The candidate should be experienced in supporting multi-vendor virtualization technologies, Storage and Server hardware environments. The candidate should also display the ability to work in a large scale, fast paced, and cross-functional team environment.
- Perform system administration of the virtual infrastructure including VMware. Knowledge of Hyper-V and Citrix is bonus.
- Provide Tier 2 support for the virtual infrastructure by investigating and troubleshooting incidents and issues to resolution and providing well documented status updates.
- Provide day to day support for the virtual infrastructure including new system delivery, preventative maintenance, and proactive availability.
- Performance and capacity monitoring and reporting.
- Perform Administration and day to day operation of EMC Isilon. Knowledge of Pure Storage, Nimble, NetScaler Load Balancer is a bonus.
- Perform system administration of Compute Environment of HPE Rack/Blade servers.
- Solid understanding of fundamental hardware concepts: disk, memory, CPU, NIC, HBA, firmware, RAID, performance concepts (I/O, paging, swapping, system calls), iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, firmware.
- Managing and ensuring that ticket queues are being properly addressed by Tier 1 team in the time outlined by SLA's.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Participate in Change Management, Problem Management, and Incident Management calls.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.Required:
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 -7 years' experience of VMware and other hypervisor administration.
- At least 6 - 7 years' experience of managing multiprotocol storage infrastructure
- Hands-On Knowledge HPE server products including g Rack mount and Blade infrastructure and managing it thru HPE-One View or equivalent management tools.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.Preferred Certifications:
- VMware Certified Professional Certifications
- EMC Storage Certification / HPE Storage Certifications
- HPE Server Certifications
- Previous experience working in medium to large environment - provided by Dice Virtualization Storage Engineer
Keywords: TribolaTech Inc., San Francisco , Virtualzation Storage Engineer, Engineering , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!