Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Arups San Francisco office is adding staff to its building energy & sustainability team to support a wide range of projects in the built environment. We seek creative self-initiating problem-solvers, able to work as part of a team and independently, applying a wide range of communications and analytical skills to design and consulting projects.
Your Responsibilities: You will contribute to and manage one or more projects pertaining to: assessment of building systems, building energy benchmarking; development of building improvement strategies (portfolio or individual); and integrated systems performance. On a daily basis you might develop spreadsheet analyses, perform field assessments and commissioning activities, contribute to the design of building systems, identify and analyze alternatives, prepare summaries of work for clients, attend client meetings and assist with or lead proposals. Your experience and capability will determine the breadth of your responsibility.
Your Experience: You should have demonstrated experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Building or portfolio energy & resource use analysis, including the use of specialized benchmarking or building energy simulation software;
- Commissioning (Cx, RCx, MBCx) of building systems
- Building design and engineering, including identification, analysis and selection of appropriate integrated systems;
- Sustainability assessment of projects in the built environment using at least one of the following frameworks: LEED, WELL, LBC, Green Globes (or BREEAM), Labs21 EPC, GGHC.
- Cost & benefit analysis over a project life cycle;
- Experience with project budgeting and cost tracking;
- Understanding of energy procurement and energy forecasting
Your Skills: You should have the unique combination of interpersonal and analytical skill that will allow you to take on and deliver projects from the day you arrive. Specifically, you should be able to demonstrate the following
- Effective communication skills
- Outstanding skills in integrated analytical problem solving
- Superior ability in the use of the following software: the full MS Office suite, specialized software & protocols
- Strong understanding of energy, water, waste and resource technologies
- Strong familiarity with triple bottom line cost-effectiveness thinking and analysis
- Strong knowledge of policy and economic issues related to energy systems
We place a premium on creativity, an ability to work independently when necessary but to function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, a commitment to client satisfaction and a genuine passion for sustainability.
We will consider a range of experience and academic degrees. Work experience may substitute for academic learning. Aligned disciplines include engineering & architectural sciences, applied sciences, business, economics, and environmental science. A minimum of 2 years of experience in applicable work areas is requested.
Please include resume, cover letter, and any salary requirements in your submission.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Keywords: Arup, San Francisco , Energy Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!