Company: The RealReal
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: October 12, 2018
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we're growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury - a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We're proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation's prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, flexible work hours and Friday bagels!
At The RealReal the development team is composed of strong full-stack engineers and is instrumental in the success of our high-end fashion marketplace business. You will be exposed to the latest technology, a pervasive data-driven culture, while surrounded by a friendly, helpful team. The fast growth of our business gives you the opportunity to make a strong impact.
As the Lead Engineer at The RealReal, you'll be a highly-experienced, hands-on product engineer tasked with improving the usability of the company's consumer user experience, that of the buyer.
This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Engineering, Consumer Products.
The successful candidate will:
- Shepherd development and testing of the user experience.
- Supervise technical contributions of team members.
- Review stories and ensure optimal resource allocation.
- Collaboratively identify improvement possibilities in the SDLC processes with Product, Design, and QA.
- Act as point person for teams' engineering priorities, providing ad-hoc status updates.
- Initiate contact and facilitates technical requirement gathering with key stakeholders around new features.
- Analyze/improve performance, scalability, and stability of the user experience.
- Translate initiatives into epics and stories.
- Coordinate engineering efforts cross-team.
- Contribute to team's consistent, measurable velocity.
- Wear hats of Release Manager and Scrum Master.
- Provide thoughtful leadership on next-gen frontend paradigms.
- Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space.
- Customer backed mindset.
The job will comprise of:
- 60% hands-on code contribution.
- 15% release management (cutting release branches, monitoring and ensuring successful deploys, etc.).
- 15% Scrum Mastering (leading meetings, ensuring team's velocity stays high, etc.).
- 10% mentoring (PR review, championing Best Practices in workflow and beyond, etc.).
- 10 + years of frontend-learning, full-stack development
- Fluency with any of Ruby, Elixir, Erlang.
- Modern front-end frameworks like React.js, vue.js.
- REST and JSON APIs.
- Cloud systems (e.g. AWS or Heroku).
- Content Management Systems.
- People/Technical Leadership (-8-person local and remote teams).
- Passionate about Test Driven development and a champion for testable code.
- Passionate about high performing scalable applications.
Besides a wonderfully satisfying work environment, The RealReal offers:
- A competitive salary.
- Stock options for the fastest growing fashion business.
- 401k with generous company match.
- Standing desk standard, with high-performance Mac or Windows laptop, external monitors and anything else you might need to do your work.
- A beautiful workspace with breathtaking landscape views of the bay.
- Comfortable, private Mother's room.
Keywords: The RealReal, San Francisco , Lead Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!