Sr User Experience Engineer
Company: Rodan and Fields, LLC
Location: San Ramon
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Sr. User Experience Engineer Digital Product Experience San Francisco, California Job Description Rodan + Fields is seeking an exceptional Sr. User Experience Engineer to lead digital style guide redesign and development from a technical lead perspective. The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting the R + F vision: changing skin and changing lives. You will join our User Experience team, developing best-in-class experiences for our most strategic, customer facing initiatives on web and mobile. This role will create UI components that demonstrate interactions that are intuitive, customer driven, and represent the R + F brand. You must be highly collaborative - incorporating feedback from our customers, Consultants and business partners throughout the design process. In parallel, you will build strong partnerships and processes with your fellow UX team members and our Product Management and Engineering partners to ensure the experiences we build are great for our users. 7+ years of experience as a Front-End Engineer for a customer-facing product in mobile and web. Responsibilities:
- First and foremost, be part of a fun, humble, curious UX team. Be prepared to always learn from each other, and closely collaborate with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience
- Develop detailed UI components and specifications that clearly align with wireframes, prototypes, user stories and detailed functional requirements
- Have a point of view on best practices and proven processes for how UX design and engineering create incredible solutions together
- Translate early stage ideas into quick, hi-fidelity digital conceptual interactions
- Coach designers in technical execution of delightful product experiences that support the UX & product strategy and align with Brand standards Requirements:
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- 3+ years of eCommerce development experience.
- 1+ year of experience on the hybris platform.
- Knowledge of the hybris platform and the out of the box capabilities and components - CMS, B2B/B2C, etc
- Working knowledge of graphic design, typography, interaction design, user-centered experience design, digital product design and the creative process.
- Provides the team with clear guidance on the best technical solutions to accomplish the desired design
- Ablility to produce results both independently and collaboratively as a team member and mentor others.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional, internal and external teams to deliver meaningful products on time. Specific examples of successful working relationships and processes with product management.
- Must be detailed-oriented and self-motivated with a passion for consistency, organization and usability.
- Superior communication and presentation skills; ability to articulate your design decisions (verbally and visually). Quick-thinking, personable, flexible.
- Be ready to follow best practices and proven processes for UX. Be an advocate for an integrated, consistent experience and a cohesive set of design principles and patterns from which to build.
- BA or Master's degree in engineering, science or information technology The Company Looking for a job? Dream big! We did! Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields met at Stanford University during their dermatology residency bonding over their personal struggles with acne and an understanding of how skin issues impact self-esteem and self-confidence. They combined their personal connection and professional expertise into a shared mission: to provide everyone with life-changing skincareTM that deliver real results! Today, Rodan + Fields has grown from its humble beginnings in Dr. Katie Rodan's kitchen to the #1 skincare brand in the U.S. in 2016.* We combine our innovative products with a high-tech, high-touch approach, and as a result, more than a million customers have experienced the benefits of Rodan + Fields. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. Here's what we offer and what we're looking for: Be Impactful. As a Rodan + Fields corporate employee, you will have the chance to make an impact every day! You'll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! Be Inspired. We do more than create life-changing skincare - we create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change--, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Be Rewarded. Are you looking for a career that allows you to contribute your talents in a way that can truly make a difference in people's lives? Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits including competitive total rewards packages, a company-wide, long-term incentive plan, health benefits, annual 401(k) employer match, wellness reimbursement program, paid parental leave, education reimbursement and so much more. At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. If you're ready to dream big, apply here! *Source Euromonitor International Limited; retail value RSP terms; all channels, USA; extracted from internal system on March 15, 2017; claim effective starting March 28, 2017. Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page
Keywords: Rodan and Fields, LLC, San Francisco , Sr User Experience Engineer, Engineering , San Ramon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!