Intel Analytics Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 12, 2024
About the Team The Intelligence and Investigations team seeks to
rapidly detect and disrupt abuse in AI and generative AI
technologies to ensure their safe use. We are dedicated to
identifying emerging abuse trends, analyzing risks, and working
with our internal partners to implement effective mitigation
strategies to protect against misuse. Our efforts contribute to
OpenAI's overarching goal of developing AI that benefits humanity.
About the Role As an Intelligence Analytics Engineer, you will play
a crucial role at OpenAI, enhancing the team's capabilities in AI
safety through intelligence analysis and strategic advice. This
role is essential for proactively identifying, analyzing, and
mitigating emerging threats in AI applications by leveraging
cutting-edge technology to better understand abuse trends and
risks. You'll use your data analysis and technical skills like
Python or SQL to help our analysts make sense of various types of
information. This role is based in San Francisco, CA. We use a
hybrid work model of 3 days in the office per week and offer
relocation assistance to new employees. In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement analytics solutions for AI safety abuse
trend recognition, risk assessment, and reporting using external
abuse intelligence and internal data .
- Conduct in-depth quantitative analyses of potential AI abuse
scenarios, identifying key risks and vulnerabilities in AI and
generative AI technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and enforce
robust AI safety and security analysis.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in AI and
machine learning, applying this knowledge to enhance our safety
- Contribute to the creation of policy and safety system
recommendations and best practices for safe AI use at scale.
- Engage in continuous learning and development to remain a
subject-matter expert in AI safety and security. You might thrive
in this role if you:
- Possess a strong background in data analytics, computer
science, or a related field with at least 5 years of
- Have experience in AI, machine learning, intelligence, risk
management, trust and safety, or a related area.
- Demonstrate proficiency in programming languages and analytical
tools relevant to AI and data analysis (e.g., Python, R, SQL) and
business intelligence and data visualization tools (e.g. Looker,
- Exhibit strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think
critically about complex issues.
- Are adept at working collaboratively in a team environment and
communicating technical concepts to non-technical
- Have experience in threat modeling, risk analysis, or related
fields (preferred, but not required).
- Are excited to help OpenAI with advancing AI safety and
security. About the Interview Process We expect to accept
applications through February 14, with interviews and onboarding
occurring by mid-March. The interview process for this role may
include a written assessment and virtual or in-person meetings with
our team. Compensation, Benefits and Perks Total compensation also
includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 50% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year) Annual
Salary Range $176,000 - $220,000 USD About OpenAI OpenAI is an AI
research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that
general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity.
We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek
to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an
extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human
needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass
and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences
that form the full spectrum of humanity. We are an equal
opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected status. For US
Based Candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records. We are committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be
OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to
help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside
of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of
Keywords: Knewin, San Francisco , Intel Analytics Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!