Senior Site Reliability Engineer II, FedRamp - ThousandEyes
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 12, 2024
- Collaborate and work closely with the software engineers to
ensure that the ThousandEyes platform's Federal region
infrastructure and services are designed and optimized for
availability, latency and performance.
- Design, implementation, and management of FedRAMP-compliant
infrastructure and systems.
- Establish and maintain processes for continuous monitoring,
logging, and auditing of systems to ensure compliance with FedRAMP
- Work closely with security teams to identify and remediate
vulnerabilities, conduct security assessments, and implement
necessary security controls.
- Design and implement dynamic infrastructure. Solutions to
manage our platform's infrastructure as we grow and continue
scaling (think multi-region scale).
- Drive and build automation enabling our infrastructure and
platforms to scale effortlessly, with special focus on FedRAMP
- Stay current with industry best practices, evolving security
threats, and updates to FedRAMP guidelines, and apply this
knowledge to enhance the security posture of our systems.
- Design, deploy, and maintain cloud native services in AWS that
are elastic and resilient to failure.
- Participate in and contribute to improve our 24x7 incident
response and on-call rotation.
- Capacity planning for the infrastructure and platform and help
teams prepare for growth.
- At least 5+ years of experience.
- Experience building and/or operating FedRAMP
- Experience identifying and analyzing cyber security
- Strong understanding of the FedRAMP framework, its controls,
and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with security best practices, vulnerability
management, and incident response processes.
- Ability to write high quality code in Python, Go, or equivalent
- Ability to design and implement scalable and well tested
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux systems, the kernel, system
libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Knowledge of cloud providers, ideally AWS.
- Infrastructure as Code skills, ideally with Terraform, Puppet
- Strong Communication and documentation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and an obsessive attention to
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects
the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S.
and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For
non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only;
employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring
ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation
target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring
location and additional factors, including but not limited to
skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or
training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range
based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can
share more details about compensation for the role in your location
during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision
insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short
and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and
numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid
holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday,
plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days
of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away
to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into
their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back
to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock
through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on
top of their base salary, which is split between quota and
non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at
the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue
attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds
100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five
times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For
non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales
objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans
do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive
compensation to be paid.
Keywords: Cisco, San Francisco , Senior Site Reliability Engineer II, FedRamp - ThousandEyes, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!