Senior/Principal Microfluidics Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: September 21, 2023
We are a well-funded startup based in San Francisco in the
Dogpatch neighborhood next to UCSF Mission Bay. We have developed a
proprietary ultrahigh throughput single cell platform to profile
the immune system to find better targets for immunotherapy. We are
looking for a senior microfluidics engineer to join our
interdisciplinary team. The candidate should have deep expertise in
microfluidics and single cell manipulations, and be able to execute
on independent projects. He/she is expected to adapt quickly and
communicate well, especially in a fast-paced startup environment.
The candidate will collaborate with other microfluidics engineers
and be part of an exciting journey.
We pay a competitive salary with equity and full benefits that
include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match, daily
lunch and commuter benefits.
- Deep expertise in drop-based microfluidics for single cell
manipulation and cell analysis
- Expertise in building systems for droplet merging, sorting,
mixing and other droplet manipulations
- Experience in designing barcodes, libraries, assays and systems
for single cell tagging and sequencing.
Skills and Qualifications
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Materials Science and
Engineering, or a relevant field with experiences in microfluidics
and working with cells.
- 5+ years of work experiences including PhD in droplet-based
microfluidics, especially in single live cell manipulations and
single cell sequencing
- Ability to design and build systems
- Ability to design assays and experiments
- Execute fast with high quality results, with a habit of
- Great communicator and a team player
- Prior experiences working at startups is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time, Mon-FriPay: $120,000 - $160,000 in salary
depending on depth of expertise + bonuses + equityBenefits: 401K
match + lunch+ commuter benefits + health insurance (100% premium
covered) + life insurance
Company Culture:Collaboration, Ownership and Authenticity.
Keywords: Shennonbio, San Francisco , Senior/Principal Microfluidics Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!