Structural Test Engineers (Airframe & Actuators)
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Location: Scotts Valley
Posted on: March 20, 2023
PDS Tech is currently seeking a Structural Test Engineer for our
client in Santa Cruz, CAWorking in our clients structural test lab
facility, you will prepare test procedures, assembly test setups,
execute tests and analyze and report test data.-- The data
collected during these tests will inform the company's hardware
design efforts and pave the way to safe, production-ready
- Create test setups to validate the structural characteristics
of primary and secondary aircraft structures (primarily composite)
by working closely with the aircraft design teams to capture the
nuances of aircraft design loads and operating conditions.
- Develop formal test plans, test procedures, instrumentation
plans, test stand/fixture designs, data acquisition architectures,
and any other necessary tools to allow for thorough and repeatable
testing of specimens as discussed.
- Analyze data collected during the aforementioned tests to
generate reports that will provide quantifiable feedback to the
engineering teams that will allow them to optimize their
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering--
- 5+ years of work experience in aircraft industry.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong analytical background.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Experience with testing of composite structures.
- Experience using sensors such as foil strain gauges, linear
potentiometers, string potentiometers, accelerometers, etc.
(including sensor installation).
- Fluent in data acquisition techniques, signal conditioning, and
data processing techniques associated with above sensors.
- Experience with mechanical design of complex assemblies and
manufacturing drawing creation, including weldments.
- Proficiency in Catia v5Desired
- M.S./Ph.D in relevant discipline.
- Experience with industrial test laboratory environments and
- Experience with Dassault Systemes CAD, specifically using
Generative Shape Design, Part Design and Assembly Design.
- Experience testing aircraft composite structures.
- Experience working with fiber optic strain gauges.
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathe, mill, welder, and
other machine shop equipment.
- Aircraft homebuilding or rapid prototyping experience is a
plus.PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier
specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a
full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., San Francisco , Structural Test Engineers (Airframe & Actuators), Engineering , Scotts Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...