Sr. Principal One-Shot Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is eligible for a minimum of $40,000 Sign-On
Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates
Are you seeking an opportunity to contribute your expertise in
power source battery and one-shot devices?
Would you enjoy knowing your efforts directly impact defending our
nation and allies?
Do you enjoy leading a team as much as contributing in one?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.
The Energetics and Propulsion Department is an engineering
organization in the Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD). This
organization is responsible for the full spectrum of warhead,
fuzing, and propulsion designs/technology, including power systems,
ignition, and all other weapon initiation safety systems
technology. This individual would develop architectures, top level
design concepts, requirements, One-Shot devices (i.e. gas
generators, pyroswitches, explosive bolts). This position is
located in Tucson, AZ
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your
qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers
come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If
you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love
to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Provide frontline lead activities and mentor engineers who
develop power source and one-shot devices.
- Provide production support for existing designs.
- Technical oversight of our power source batteries and one-shot
device development programs, technical development of people,
training, and help with hiring and resource allocation.
- You will ensure two-way communication management; serve as the
day-to-day liaison to the programs concerning resource technical
- Lead diverse teams of engineers by providing highly skilled
engineering design services across all program phases.
- May be called upon to provide proposal support including cost
ROMs, formal Basis of Estimates, project plans and technology
- May travel to suppliers and government facilities
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree and 10 years of prior
relevant experience OR an Advanced degree and 7 years of relevant
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering design
- Experience with One-Shot devices (i.e. gas generators, pyro
switches, explosive bolts) design or manufacturing or testing or
safety certification and/or FTS (Flight Termination System)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S.
citizens are eligible for a security clearance Qualifications We
- 12 plus years of directly related experience in battery
- Specific experience in the thermal and Li-Ion battery
manufacturing, design characteristics, safety testing, and managing
development and qualification activities
- Ability to perform Power Source trade studies evaluating
different electrochemistries and estimate cost and schedule
- Experience in working with and managing thermal and Li-Ion
- Experience with RCC tailoring, NAVSEA S9310-AQ-SAF-010 and UN
- Supplier collaboration experience and oversight generating
specifications and statements of work (SOW)
- Experience in One-Shot component designs, ability to evaluate
performance data, capable of evaluating MIL-DTL-23659 compliance,
and creation of technical data packages
- Experience in business development and technology road
- Demonstrated success as a team leader
- Willingness to travel, including international
- Familiarity with Performance Development Process
- Familiarity with Engineering Labor Forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge or experience with either missile design or
development, production support and integration
- Experience with Military Missile systems and electronics
- Experience with the proposal capture process (development of
compliant basis of estimates and ROMs)
- Familiarity with the Estimate at Complete Process
- Six Sigma certified
- Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration and
- Advocate for process improvement (e.g., CMMI, R6s), team
builder and able to build strong relationships and effectively
partner with internal and external resources.
- Project Management as applied to team interaction and
- Technical management of subcontracts on Government
- Proposal and cost preparation, requirements definition, and
warhead subsystems analysis, test and verification; operational
test support; supplier collaboration What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently
within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral
Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL
eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive
the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, San Francisco , Sr. Principal One-Shot Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!