Security Engineer, Detection and Response
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Bad software is everywhere, and we're tired of it. Sentry is on a
mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can
get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $217 million in funding and 85,000 organizations
that believe we're on to something, we're building performance and
error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft,
and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building
products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your
digital life better, come help us build the next generation of
software monitoring tools.
About The Role
The security team is responsible for and committed to securing all
things Sentry. From our customers, to our code, and everything in
between, the security team is involved in all aspects of the
business in pursuit of that goal.
We are looking to build a world class Security program and
Detection and Response team. This role will be the first Security
Engineer to join the Detection and Response team. As the founding
engineer on the Detection and Response team, you will be leading
efforts to build out the program. We are looking for individuals
who are passionate, strive to continuous improve, and demonstrate
integrity and humility.
In this role you will:
- Help define and execute on a forward-thinking strategy for
threat detection and incident response.
- Engineer new and improve existing detections using attacker
TTPs, frameworks, and indicators observed during
- Threat model and run simulations on applications and
infrastructure to identify detection opportunities and identify
- Design and own threat hunting exercises.
- Support incident response.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, procedures,
- Build automated processes and playbooks to simplify and codify
response processes and procedures.
- Be a founding engineer of the Detection and Response team.
You'll love this job if you:
- Bring an engineering mindset to a detection and responseprogram
to optimize the use of automation for efficiency and
- Want to be a founding member of the D&R team and enjoy
- Are interested in detection and response, as it pertains to
- Are motivated to continue developing and learning new
- 4+ years experienced with working on a security team, with a
preference for a technically focused company.
- Experienced and comfortable with programming in at least one
language, with a strong preference forPython.
- Comfortable using a broad range of security tools and
technologies such as EDR, SIEM, IAM tools, Email Security, Cloud
Security, Network tools, etc.
- Experienced in running a**security**incident, from
identification to declaration to post mortem.
- An up to date understanding of the threat landscape as it
pertains to SaaS companies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and visioncoverage for employees, 75%
company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home
policy, and real work/life balance
- Catered lunches
- Company events(Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events)
and friends and family events
- Relocation assistance - you are living in, or willing to
relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or
Religious Reasons Considered
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Sentry, San Francisco , Security Engineer, Detection and Response, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!