Minimum $40k Sign-On Bonus Electrical Subsystems Senior Principal Lead Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 26, 2022
This position is eligible for a minimum of $40k Sign-On
Internal Applicants are not eligible for Sign-On Bonus
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new
things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers. You will be on the front lines as we
trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and
chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in
The Guidance Electronics Team provides Electrical Systems
Engineering to develop Guidance Electronics solutions for products
across the Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) portfolio. Our team
develops missile Guidance Electronics Hardware. Our core electrical
engineering responsibilities include architecture, analysis,
requirements, integration, and test. Our core electrical
engineering technologies include RF/RADAR, Navigation/IMU/GPS,
Digital, and Power. We partner with several Electrical Product Team
departments that provide the detailed design of our electrical
products as well as missile level systems teams.
The Guidance Electronics Team is searching for an Electrical
Subsystems Lead with experience as Integrated Product Team Lead
(IPTL). The role of the Electrical Subsystems Lead is to manage a
cross-functional and cross-discipline team of engineers through
product development. The Electrical Subsystem Lead provides both
technical guidance and supervision in meeting project commitment.
They also manage suppliers and may lead efforts in proposal
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include
labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include guiding a team through several phases
of hardware systems lifecycle such as designs and evaluation;
architecting new electronic systems; developing and documenting
subsystem requirements and test plans; peer reviews of designs as a
subject matter expert; presentations to peers, management, and
government customers; and root-cause failure investigations.
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is
expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work alone, with little supervision.
- Develop a network and know when to use it to get help.
- Collaboration with both Functional and Program higher level
- Collaboration with Customer and Suppliers.
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to
function in a team environment are Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience
- Experience with electrical hardware development
- Experience in sub-systems, systems engineering, requirement
development and/or requirement validation
- U.S Citizenship is required. The ability to obtain and maintain
a US DOD Secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship
is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for
additional years of experience as follows: Master's is equal to 2
years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of
Qualifications We Value:
- Missile guidance electronics subsystems typically contain
antennas, analog RF circuit cards, digital circuit cards, and
configurable logic so the ideal candidate will have a background in
designing and troubleshooting of one or more of these components.
Ideal candidates will also have experience in project leadership,
systems engineering and architecture and have a desire to grow into
a higher level.
- Experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Experience in Earn Value Management System (EMVS) and Cost
Account Management (CAM)
- Knowledge of mixed signal electronics.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive suppliers in meeting commitments.
- Knowledge of DOD Hardware development process (knowledge of
- Practical experience in all phases of the product development
- Experience in developing proposals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based System Engineering
(MBSE) Key Words: IPTL, IPT, Radio Frequency, RADAR, Seeker,
Leader, Subsystems, Requirements, Analysis, Modelling,
Architecture, Architect, Earn Value Management System, EVMS, Cost
Account Management, CAM
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include
parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules,
achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to
obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to
obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security
Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense,
handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More
information about Security Clearances can be found on the US
Department of State government website here:
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently
within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral
Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL
eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive
the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, San Francisco , Minimum $40k Sign-On Bonus Electrical Subsystems Senior Principal Lead Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!