Project Engineer - Heavy Civil - Northern California District
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Requisition ID: 142381
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the
administrative and technical aspects of constructing a project,
managing a team of field and cost engineers. Do you have strong
interpersonal and information management skills? In this role, you
will be the main conduit of information between the construction
manager and the team for cost, revenue, cash flow information. Do
you have strong mentorship skills? You will have the opportunity to
develop the people below you. If this sounds like a match for you,
Kiewit's Northern California District is one of Kiewit's leading
infrastructure districts specializing in various types of work in
the heavy civil, power, transportation, and water resource markets.
Although most of our work is regionally based in Northern
California, we also pursue various projects across the west coast.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about
infrastructure and committed to the construction industry rather
- With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop
complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems,
inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be
encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Inspect subordinates' work for compliance with the contract
plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and
take any corrective action needed.
- Develop and maintain the project master schedule using
appropriate techniques and scheduling software with input from
other project management personnel.
- Manage document control; receive and log in new issue drawings
and other contract documents; maintain document control log.
- Review new issue drawings and contract documents for change of
conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with supervisor;
distribute new issues to field.
- Prepare monthly cost projections using information generated
from project management systems and prepare quarterly cash flow
- Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate,
better methods, staffing and procedural changes.
- Act as managing project engineer/coordinator on multiple
projects, providing supervision and on-the-job training for lower
- Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize
two-dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Manage and support project team including direct reports and
others as needed
- Help drive the company environmental health and safety programs
at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to
- Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Construction
Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years' work experience in construction or engineering
- Experience managing engineers
- Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on
engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence
and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job
done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that
nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet
deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local,
provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an
individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized
COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a
condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Kiewit, San Francisco , Project Engineer - Heavy Civil - Northern California District, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!