Resident Engineer (Rail)
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: June 26, 2022
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and
engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national
engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides
integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure
markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and
government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to
delivery and operation.
TRC is looking for an experienced Resident Engineer (Rail) to join
our team in the San Francisco Bay Area, and San Jose, CA area. This
role would be expected to start around the end of the year,
- The responsibility of the Resident Engineer (Rail) is to manage
construction contracts for rail projects located in the San
Francisco Bay Area and San Jose Area
- Manage and supervise a construction management team for all
phases of the construction, consisting of field office,
construction inspection, and specialty field staff
- Provide engineering and technical control of the construction
- Conduct reviews and verifications of construction
- Manage construction change orders and claims
- Conduct project meetings, prepare project reports and
- Serve as point of contact for the contractor, project owner,
and project stakeholders
- To check and review Contractor's Project Execution Plan, Health
& Safety Plan, Quality Control Plan, Method Statements and other
- To review and verify site records, reports and as-built
- To promote and support in the monitoring and implementation of
Safety, Health and Environment policies and plan relating to
compliance with SHE documents approved by Client
- To advise on any deficiencies of safety aspects in
subcontractor's work method statement and to ensure all hold points
for the SHE critical elements (e.g. temporary works) are
- To direct and supervise the execution of all technical, fiscal
and administrative functions of the project and the site team
- Working with Client's Program Managers and their internal staff
to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of
- To seek resolution of Non Compliance Reports (NCR) which may
have an advise impact on the quality and work progress and to
provide support on any incident/accident and its investigate
- To prepare monthly reports on the quality of the works
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including
contractors and local authorities to facilitate the construction
- To manage the start-up, commissioning and handover of the Work,
including maintaining records of the project milestones
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- California Professional Engineer's license
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with at least 5
years as Resident Engineer on major infrastructure projects,
particularly railway civil works, transit stations, bridges and
elevated structures with a broad general engineering
- Specific project experience working with major Rail Agencies
within California, e.g BART, Caltrain, VTA
- Knowledge of FRA, FTA, CPUC, AREMA, and other rail regulatory
standards and procedures
- Knowledge of standards and specifications for public works
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate, experienced with Microsoft Office, Microsoft
Project and related PC software packages used on design and
- Proactive and personable
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and
benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For
more information, please visit our website attrccompanies.com
A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments
since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, consulting and
construction management firm providing integrated services to the
infrastructure, power, oil and gas, and environmental markets.
We serve a broad range of clients in government and industry,
implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
TRC has over 6,000 technical professionals and support personnel at
more than 150 offices globally, including Canada, China and the UK.
Our clients depend on TRC's multidisciplinary teams to design
solutions to their toughest business challenges in the energy,
environmental and infrastructure markets.
Backed by 50 years of design know-how, we combine science and
applied technology with sound business strategy to solve complex
transportation infrastructure challenges for today and tomorrow.
Our assignments include small and medium-sized bridges, culverts,
railroad grade separations, viaducts, and major water crossings in
both rural and urban environments.
We understand our clients' goals, and embrace them as our own,
applying creativity, experience, integrity and dedication to
deliver superior solutions to the world's energy, environment and
We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to
live - community by community.
TRC is ranked #17 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the
United States. We are also ranked No. 10 in ENR's list of pure
design firms, No. 6 in Power, No. 8 in Hazardous Waste, and No. 16
in Industrial Process/Petroleum.
Please Watch The Video Below To Learn More
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: EOE
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees.
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., San Francisco , Resident Engineer (Rail), Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!