Senior Backend Engineer for All Turtles
Company: All Turtles
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear,
meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make
products with simple, direct business models. We're a fully
distributed team, with team members across the United States, and
in many countries internationally.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Backend at All Turtles, you'll work
as part of a small cross-functional team of engineers and designers
to create the next generation of features for our products. While
your day-to-day responsibilities will focus on development of
backend APIs, systems and infrastructure, you'll also have the
opportunity to contribute to the product definition and design and
the overall system architecture.
You're the right person for this job if you love to work on small,
autonomous teams, take pride in the quality of both the code and
products that you create, crave variety in your work, and are
comfortable working in any part of the server-side stack.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving design and development, with an eye toward the security
and privacy of user data and the scalability of the system.
- Building both quick prototypes and robust production
- Planning and coordinating with application engineers who will
be consuming your services.
- Making critical infrastructure decisions.
- Helping to set the technical direction for the service backend,
including choosing new components of the tech stack, evolving the
service architecture and defining client-facing APIs.
- Deployment, operations and monitoring of your services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Spent at least 5-10 years in professional software engineering
- Strong backend engineering skills, including API and database
design, security, scalability and data engineering.
- Deep experience with AWS or GCP.
- Experience programming in Node.js, Go, Python or Ruby with an
aptitude for learning new languages.
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL (e.g. DynamoDB)
databases and a point-of-view on when to use what.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an aptitude to convey
clear thoughts and ideas.
- A track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Worked in a startup environment. You're comfortable with
ambiguity and change.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Head of
Engineering.This role is a remote position, and can be based in any
location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time
zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive
insurance benefits to our employees and their qualifying
dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental
leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.
All Turtles is committed to creating and fostering a diverse team.
We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks
of life to apply. We're committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to all applicants throughout the application
Keywords: All Turtles, San Francisco , Senior Backend Engineer for All Turtles, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!