Company: PA Consulting
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cooper Perkins, part of PA Consulting, is a unique technology
development and engineering practice dedicated to the design of
highly integrated electromechanical systems. We partner with
clients across many industries, collaborating to develop solutions
to vexing business challenges.
We are a close-knit team of engineers with an uncommon combination
of backgrounds, skills, and cross-discipline expertise. We are
constantly challenged with finding solutions to problems that have
no clear answers, often needing to avoid existing patterns and
beliefs in order to find the best path forward. We admit when we
don't know something and are energized by learning it. We have a
passion for science and design. We are innately curious, and we are
steadfastly committed to intellectual honesty and integrity.
We understand the importance of creating a culture that provides
the perfect blend of continuous development, flexibility,
risk-taking, and collaboration.
You care deeply about solving technical problems and thrive on
channeling your inner curiosity. Your unique perspective,
enthusiasm, and skills will be invaluable as we grow together. You
are dedicated to the practice of engineering and you apply your
combined technical knowledge and creativity to develop innovative
solutions. You speak the truth, even when it's difficult.
What you'll do may include a combination of the following:
- Collaborate in cross-disciplinary teams to develop integrated
technological solutions for clients across multiple
- Conduct research, brainstorm, prototype, test, and analyze, and
then document and present your work clearly to promote team and
- Turn innovative ideas into inventive products.
- Devise technical strategies to meet project and client
- Serve as a key member and leader of cross-disciplinary
- Share your passion for engineering by guiding and mentoring
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients to set objectives,
schedules, and deliverables.
- Facilitate clear communication with the project team,
management team and the client on status, progress, etc.
- Provide technical insight in new business development
- Design, analyze, and validate mechanical designs for both low
volumes and mass production.
- Create robust mechanical designs using sketching, physical
prototyping, and 3D CAD.
What You Bring
- BS (MS preferred) in mechanical engineering or a related field
and experience in an engineering or design-related industry.
- Successful experience in the development of complex, technical,
or integrated products.
- An irrepressible zeal for and solid skills in engineering
principles, applied science, mathematics, and analytical
- Experience solving tough engineering problems in several of the
following areas: mechatronics, structural design, dynamics, thermal
engineering, fluid dynamics, optics, controls, acoustics,
manufacturing, or product engineering. Mastery in a few is a
- Exceptional communication, team building and leadership skills,
and an inherent love of interdisciplinary collaboration, with the
ability to work independently to achieve team success.
- Experience in consulting or in creating, communicating, and
executing project plans and budgets.
- Proficiency with design for manufacturing, product design,
precision mechanical systems or the practical arts.
- Proficiency in CAD systems such as SolidWorks (preferred);
skill in a range of analytical methods and tools.
- Hands-on skills coupled with an instinct for
We look forward to hearing from you. In a cover letter please tell
us why you would like to work for the Cooper Perkins teams. A
portfolio or selected work examples are necessary to ensure proper
PA Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
building an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity
thrives, and all of our people can excel. You do not need to match
every expectation above to apply for this position. We believe
bringing together diverse perspectives yields innovative ideas,
supporting our objectives to create exceptional value for our
clients and exceptional experiences for our engineers.
We recruit, promote, and reward our people based on their
contribution, without regard to gender, race, disability, religion,
nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or marital
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: PA Consulting, San Francisco , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!