Senior Firmware Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About the role:The camera team is a small, fast-moving team
building security cameras with a unique edge-storage architecture.
The Meraki MV system is powerful, secure, and does not rely on any
on-premise servers, making it easy to deploy and scale from one to
hundreds of cameras per site. Today, cameras are mainly used for
security, but what if they could be used for more? Imagery from a
camera is information that can solve a problem or offer an
alternative insight. MV cameras blend the best of cloud and IoT
technology, making it simpler and easier for customers to use the
camera as a sensor!
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on platform bring-up, you
- Own projects from block-diagram concepts, to prototype boards
that don't boot, all the way to shipping product.
- Collaborate with our Hardware Engineering team on component
selection and high-level architecture for new Meraki products.
- Collaborate with our manufacturing partners to develop secure,
reliable, and scalable manufacturing processes.
- Integrate vendor board support packages and software
development kits with our firmware and build system.
- Develop, port, and debug Linux device drivers.
- When things don't go quite as planned-a board doesn't boot, an
LED doesn't light, a fan doesn't spin-use a JTAG debugger or logic
analyzer or work with the hardware team to debug the problem.
- Collaborate with other Platform Bring-up Engineers across
product teams to continually improve our firmware design,
development, and deployment practices.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years professional experience programming in C or
- Have strong systems and networking foundational knowledge
(systems architecture, memory hierarchy, storage subsystems, LANs,
- Have expert knowledge of embedded systems development concepts,
including cross-platform development and build tools (GNU
toolchain, OpenWRT, buildroot, Yocto), bootloaders (U-Boot,
coreboot, UEFI), kernel configuration, device drivers, device
- Know common bus protocols like I2C, SPI, and MDIO.
- Are comfortable using network protocol analyzers, logic
analyzers, hardware debuggers, and source-level debuggers to
troubleshoot problems at all layers of the stack.
- Have experience reading schematics and data sheets.
Bonus points for:
- Experience writing device drivers.
- Upstreaming Linux patches.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols (e.g., 802.11, Bluetooth).
- Experience with multi-threaded or parallel programming.
- Experience with image sensors, GPUs, ISPs, DSPs, h.264 and
other video encoding technologies.
- Knowledge of web technologies: databases, high-level languages
Keywords: JobJunxion, San Francisco , Senior Firmware Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!