Company: Auberge Resorts
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Our Company & Our PropertyAuberge Resorts Collection is a
portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, residences, and private
clubs. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach
to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through
captivating design, exceptional cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet
unobtrusive service. With 19 hotels and resorts across three
continents, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories
in some of the world's most desirable destinations. Please visit
aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on
Facebook, Twitter, and and #AlwaysAuberge.About Solage, Auberge
Resorts CollectionSolage, Auberge Resorts Collection, redefines
"fun" in the heart of California wine country with 89
design-focused and environmentally conscious studios, each
featuring complimentary cruiser bicycles for guests use and a
130-foot landmark swimming pool. A local favorite and destination
for foodies, the resort is home to acclaimed signature restaurant
Solbar, which offers a living menu that has no borders and is
guided by the seasons. The award-winning Spa Solage offers 20,000
square feet of health and wellness with 14 treatment rooms,
Bathhouse, state-of-the-art gym and a Yoga & Movement Studio with
complimentary daily fitness classes.Role SummaryJoin our team as
Chief Engineer and be part of a family that is collaborative,
passionate and committed to heartfelt service. You will lead the
Engineering & Landscaping functions of Solage. You will inspire
your team to deliver on the highest standards in all areas. You
will encourage attention to detail and have an eye for maintaining
the asset at a luxury level. As part of the Auberge family, you
will support the team members of Solage to provide exceptional
service for our guests who will want to return to experience the
deeply personalized service that Auberge Resorts is known for.Core
ResponsibilitiesPlease note that this is not an exhaustive list of
everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our
people always find new ways to look after the business, their
guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities
for this position are:* Maintain complete knowledge of resort fire
system, well water system, and irrigation system as well as all
aspects of the property's landscaping; maintain knowledge of
temporary power systems.
* Responsible for oversight of all resort systems, heat, light, and
power; seek on-going efficiencies and best usage of energy,
electricity, etc. Make on-going recommendations for efficiencies,
cost savings, and operational improvements.
* Implement and monitor ongoing preventive maintenance programs for
equipment, guest rooms and public areas. Ensure proper maintenance
of buildings, equipment, and landscape. Personally conduct
inspections, troubleshooting, supervision, and repair work for all
areas of the resort.
* Maintains written standards of department performance
* Develop and maintain a strategy to ensure guest rooms, public
areas, heart of house, laundry and kitchen equipment are code
compliant and meet service expectations.
* Regularly educate team members on preventive maintenance and
* Function as the overall leader for the Facilities department:*
implement cross training to build skill levels and competency
within the department.
* counsel team members on work performance and recommend
disciplinary actions as needed
* schedule & complete various labor reports, make assignments for
work orders, manage department payroll.
* hold team members accountable for departmental standards.
* prepare and implement the department's strategic plan,
operational budget, and monthly forecasts.
* research & prepare capital requests for approval and subsequent
* Ensure safety issues are addressed on a timely basis. Lead the
* Coordinate and monitor work performed by outside contractors
based upon the operational needs of the hotel.
* Ensure completion of work tickets in a timely manner.
* Develop/modify an Emergency Response Plan and conduct training
for all team members on that plan.
* Respond to emergency situations.
Required Qualifications* Minimum five years' experience as Chief
Engineer in hospitality field
* Proven management and administrative skills
* The candidate must have knowledge of various trades, plumbing,
carpentry, painting, electrical, mechanical, air conditioning and
refrigeration, kitchen equipment, boilers and chillers, and the
overall mechanics of building operations and maintenance.
* Renovation/project management experience
* Water management experience
* Understanding of expenses and payroll cost control.
* Outgoing and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills,
including in front of a group, with ability to communicate detailed
instructions and hold team accountable for results.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work with people
from a variety of backgrounds.
* Self-motivated and results oriented.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical reports,
journals, and financial reports.
* Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed,
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Computer literate (ability to learn new programs, interact with
Excel/Word and GSuite)
* Valid local driver's license & good driving record
* Spanish a plus
What Else?At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the
best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and
experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering
simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa
and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize
simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge,
and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose
is to enrich people's lives. If you feel that our approach is
aligned with your own passions and beliefs, we look forward to your
application to speaking with you about becoming part of our
family.Solage is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Solage
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In
addition to federal law requirements, Solage complies with
applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.Department: Engineering & FacilitiesThis is a management
positionThis is a management positions position
Keywords: Auberge Resorts, San Francisco , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Calistoga, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!