Principal Security Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and
run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover
new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in
ways they had not previously thought possible. We're growing fast,
constantly innovating, and couldn't be prouder to help our
customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and
We are looking for forward-thinking people who bend over backward
to put customers first. Individuals who thrive on challenge and are
ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we
fundamentally believe every colleague brings unique value to our
whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and
valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective
effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated Principal Security
Engineer to join our growing team at Anaplan HQ in the
city-by-the-bay, SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the Security
Engineering Team. This is an opportunity for you to work for one of
the coolest hyper-growth companies in technology.
As a Principal Security Engineer with a strong DevOps and Cloud
mindset, you will help drive the Product Security Architecture &
Research function(s) for Anaplan development services. You will
also be responsible for working with the other Engineers,
Architects and Security teams across Anaplan, collectively
providing guidance and strategies that improve the security posture
for our employees and data. You will be working with business
customers, Engineering management, infrastructure, development,
project managers and other security teams to shape the vision,
structure, standards and plan for solutions that support Anaplan's
strategic business direction.
You'll join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse
perspectives, aren't afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas
and are passionate about helping our customers and each other
succeed. We work hard, but we also don't wait for an excuse to have
fun. In fact, we're so serious about it that it's one of our core
Located in SOMA district, when you walk into our San Francisco
office, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we are doing
at Anaplan. Open floor plan, stocked kitchens, and collaboration
spaces, we gear our office around making sure you have everything
you need to work well. And whether it's a company outing to a
Giants game or team happy hour, there are always events for you to
connect with your colleagues outside of work. You will join a team
of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren't
afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate
about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard,
but we also don't wait for an excuse to have fun and we inspire
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to
roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is
solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What You'll Be Doing
- Conceive of and collaborate on novel ideas to identify risks at
- Rapidly prototype to assess effectiveness of project
- Create tools/scripts to find AppSec risks at scale.
- Stay on top of cutting-edge AppSec best practices, tools, etc.,
and assess their utility at Anaplan.
- Understand new technologies and their strengths/weaknesses in
the context of AppSec tooling.
- Perform operational security reviews of feature
- Perform regular secure coding & secure design workshops for
- Perform risk assessments of new and emerging threat types
- Interface with QA teams by implementing automated security unit
and functional tests
More About You
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related
discipline preferred, and substantial commercial experience in a
- Prior experience in building pragmatic and effective security
testing techniques/tools is a big plus.
- Experience in threat modeling web applications and
- Strong understanding of Modern Auth (SAML 2.0, OAuth)
- Strong understanding of SSL certificate management, PKI, CA and
- Deep knowledge of web protocols and standards.
- Experience in containers and their hardening/security
- Clear understanding of security concepts e.g., Authentication,
- Deep knowledge of application security vulnerabilities (OWASP
Top 10) and mitigation techniques.
- Knowledge of emerging threats, mitigations and industry
- Experience with SAST, DAST tools
- Prior experience of AWS, GCP services and architectures
- Experience with AWS is a Huge plus
Technologies You Would Work With
- Spring Boot
- Projects from Cloud Native Ecosystem
- Jenkins Pipelines
**Possibility to potentially work remote**
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and
belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working
experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless
of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion,
ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or
any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you
are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our
employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our
highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving
situation and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with
any related changes to our interviewing process.
Keywords: Anaplan, San Francisco , Principal Security Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!