Company: Granite Solutions Groupe
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Category: Data Analysis Job Location: San Francisco, New
York, Toronto, Omaha, Dallas Consultant, Data Analysis About Our
Firm: Granite Solutions Groupe provides financial services decision
makers with people and solutions that deliver. Our clients count on
us to deliver the right talent at the right time to achieve
critical business results. We leverage our industry knowledge and
passion for client priorities to deliver human capital solutions.
GSG was founded in 1998 as a consulting firm delivering project
management and technology solutions for the financial services
industry. GSG now has a global presence, with team members deployed
across the U.S. at Fortune 1000 companies and high-performing
Fintech firms. High-caliber consultants are the face of GSG at our
client organizations and offices. We value the deep relationships
we have with our consultants that enable us to place them in roles
where their skills will have an immediate impact. The GSG
consulting team is comprised of diverse, experienced, driven, and
dynamic contributors who excel at getting things done. About the
Opportunity: GSG is seeking a Cloud Data Engineer to join our
dynamic team. The Data engineering team is entrusted to support the
process, as enabler and force multiplier making data more useful
and accessible, making it possible for consumers of data, such as
analysts, data scientists and executives to inspect all of the data
available reliably, quickly and securely. The Ideal candidate will
spend time building and supporting multiple Data Pipelines to
collect data from various sources, transform, clean, and aggregate
to deliver data to various stake holders. You will work with cross
functional Product management, advisory team, statistics, and data
modelling experts. You are a person who loves to dig deeper to
understand relationships among data and loves writing SQL queries
or python programs to transform them to meaningful information.
This is hands-on role and requires prior programming experience
working with Data on cloud. Responsibilities
- Design, develop, build, test and operationalize scalable data
pipeline and data services.
- Acquisition: Gather data requirements, research and design for
data acquisition from different systems and various data
- --In particular, understanding existing systems, research and
design new uses for existing data, explore ways to marry disparate
datasets using automation.
- Cleansing: Detecting and correcting errors and ensure data
- Aggregation, Disambiguation and De-duplication,
- Design for security and compliance.
- Ensure scalability and efficiency.
- Ensure reliability and fidelity.
- Ensure flexibility and portability.
- Integrate new data management technologies and software
engineering tools into existing infrastructure
- Mapping Storage system to business requirements.
- Metadata management and data governance.
- Data security.
- Build a data platform, with the emphasis on self-service,
sustainability and maintainability.
- With clear separation of framework and application logic,
abstract away details and automate as much as possible, so it is
easy to set up and operate continuously with very little
intervention. As a result, smart data pipelines are fast to build
and deploy, fault tolerant, adaptive, and self-healing.
- Operationalizing machine learning models - empower data
- Collaborate with data scientists, researchers, data consumers,
understand their need to develop algorithms including prototypes,
predictive models and proof of concepts.
- Take ownership end-to-end automation, understand data
requirements from business analyst and product management, define
mapping and implement data pipelines.
- Implement Airflow or other orchestration programs and execution
programs in Python, Jupyter Notebooks and/or Docker containers to
be launched on AWS EKS platform.
- Troubleshoot, support and enhance data pipelines jobs already
built by other engineers and optimize them for better performance
and deploy them on AWS cloud stack.
- Collect data using AWS services like Lambda, SQL and Python
programs from various sources like web services, sftp, AWS S3,
RDBMS like Postgres/Redshift/MS SQL server.
- Manage a portfolio of Data pipelines and support them, document
them for Data operations/client support staff to maintain.
- Ensure that processed data meets our high-quality standards.
- 4-6 years of experience working in data engineering using
python on Cloud platform like AWS.
- Proficient in programming in Python. With experience of
packages like pandas, numpy, boto, s3fs, flask, fastapi, pyarrorw,
- Experience in SQL working with DBMS platforms like Postgres/MS
SQL Server/ Redshift.
- Experience or exposure working with Technologies like Apache
Airflow, Kubeflow, EKS, Docker is plus.
- Experience with Git/Bitbucket source control, Git
Actions/circle-ci and shell scripting.
- Experience working with AWS services: S3, Lambda, RDS, AWS
- Able to communicate with business, data analysts and product
management teams to understand their needs, change requests and
issues to remediate.
- Strong problem-solving skills to understand complex structured
and/or unstructured datasets and their relationships to find issues
and provide programmatic solution.
- Prior Experience building and optimizing data pipelines,
architectures and data sets is plus.
- Collaborative attitude to comfortably work with
cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We need a candidate comfortable working with collaborative
technologies like Jira, Confluence, Slack, Zoom, Outlook, GitHub
etc. in remote work environment.
- Creative Thinker - Data Engineers connect the dots and see the
big picture to evaluate how data insights affect the business.
- Collaborative - Ability to collaborate with both internal
technology and business teams as well as integration partners and
- Curious - Data Engineers demonstrate a track record of learning
and deep-diving into complex systems.
- Statistical analysis and modeling.
- Python, SQL, Java, Scala.
- Big data processing and or streaming analytics - Spark,
- Model orchestration and workflow - Airflow.
- Cloud Technology and related technical stack- AWS, GCP,
- Experience with machine learning algorithms - big plus.
- Data-driven approach to problem solving.
- The ability to visualize and communicate complex concepts.
- Strong sense of ownership. Employee Benefits: GSG is excited to
offer its consultants excellent compensation and a robust option of
benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental, vision and
prescription coverage. You will receive company-paid life
insurance. In addition, we hope you will take advantage of eligible
commuter benefits-like paying for work-related public transit and
parking with pre-tax dollars. Save for your retirement with pre-tax
contributions that go directly into your 401K. We also care about
your pets with several options for pet insurance, discount card and
prescriptions. GSG's Commitment to Diversity: As a diverse-owned
business, GSG is committed to creating a diverse workforce, and we
are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
veteran status. Yes, I'd like to occasionally receive emails from
Granite Solutions Groupe. Privacy Overview
Keywords: Granite Solutions Groupe, San Francisco , Data Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!