Senior Unity Engineer, Gameplay
Company: Pocket Gems
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most
compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That's the
mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop
back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then,
we've grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155
million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we're
constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players
around the world and have generated over $1 billion in bookings. In
recent years, we've launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network
and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time
As our community of players continues to grow, we're committed to
building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and
in our games.
As a Unity Gameplay Engineer, you'll work closely with designers,
artists, and product managers in cross-functional teams to develop
gameplay features. You'll be a foundational member of a team that's
working on bringing an innovative new game to market.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with designers to bring new and improved game
features from ideas to reality
- Contribute your individual knowledge and independent research
to produce solutions with the right game-feel
- Design and implement game features and rework current
functionality producing high-performing reusable code
What You Bring To Engineering Team
- 5+ years of engineering experience working on games
- 3+ years of Unity experience as part of a team with other Unity
- Fluent in C#
- Strong communication skills toward all team functions -
designers, artists, and other engineers
- Strong sense of ownership in start-to-finish delivery of game
- Passion for games and deep understanding of game mechanics
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra Gems For
- Prior mobile development experience
- Worked on major game titles
- Experience optimizing or rewriting major systems
Read more about what we've been up to!
- Pocket Gems Blog
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality,
inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer
competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k
matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with
talent based on our core values.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national
origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Pocket Gems, San Francisco , Senior Unity Engineer, Gameplay, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!