Senior Fluidics Engineer
Company: Nautilus Bio
Location: San Carlos
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Nautilus is developing a groundbreaking protein analysis
platform that will enable a deeper and broader understanding of
proteomics and will open new scientific avenues in biology and
medicine. To expand its hardware engineering capability, Nautilus
is presently looking for a highly motivated individual with skills
and experience of bringing a complex instrument to the field of
proteomics. The successful candidate will work in collaboration
with a cross-functional team of scientists and engineers and will
have the opportunity to contribute to the achievement of an
exciting and challenging goal. Nautilus is an early -stage start-up
company with a fast paced working environment. If you are looking
for a position where you can make a difference (and why not,
history!), this may be the opportunity for you!
- Design and commercialization of fluid management sub-assemblies
- Translating requirements from system architects into sub-system
- Selecting and optimizing fluidic components (valves, pumps,
fittings, tubing, liquid dispensing robots, etc) for performance,
reliability, cost, and chemical compatibility.
- End-to-End fluidics system responsibilities: reagent pack to
- Develop a comprehensive leak mitigation strategy for the
- Coordination of and hands-on assembly, testing, and
troubleshooting of fluidics sub-systems.
- Performing formal subsystem verification, including writing and
- Modeling of fluid flow in pneumatic and liquid systems.
- Managing the technical deliverables of key suppliers, including
management of outsourced component and subassembly design, for
timely and quality solutions
- Applying best practices of design and test such as Six Sigma,
DFX, CAE, etc.
- Clearly and objectively communicate with R&D peers,
leadership, and manufacturing stakeholders Requirements
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely
related discipline with specialization in fluid dynamics / fluid
- Experience in mechanical design and analysis with strong
hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of CFD principles required.
- Experienced in working with high-performance resins in the
fluidics space: Ultem, PEEK, PEI, PEKK, etc.
- Domain understanding of the trade-offs in different
manufacturing techniques: injection molding/ultrasonic
welding/cross-drilling/photolithography/ machining/3D printing,
- Experienced in manifold design, temperature regulated systems,
and reagent packaging
- Experience solving problems in a multidisciplinary environment
with engineers and scientists.
- Must have strong lab skills, with ability to perform and
document detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Effective multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the
ability to field challenging questions in a public setting.
- M.S. or Ph.D. Degree with related experience and fluid dynamics
- Experience with CAD software, SolidWorks strongly
Keywords: Nautilus Bio, San Francisco , Senior Fluidics Engineer, Engineering , San Carlos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!