Company: Rylo Inc
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Rylo is a powerful camera that captures everything around you
and creates exceptionally smooth, beautiful video that's easy to
share. Developed by a team of former Instagram and Apple engineers,
Rylo's breakthrough stabilization software and smartphone app
eliminate the traditional pain points of shooting, editing, and
sharing videos. With Rylo, you don't have to worry about framing
your shot or holding the camera steady to capture a video you're
proud to share - simply hit record and make the perfect video
after-the-fact. In this role, you will work on core algorithms for
the Rylo camera and future products to fundamentally improve the
photography and cinematography experience. This covers both the
improvements of the image quality and creating new computational
photography features. You will develop end-to-end solutions,
including algorithm design, implementation, quality evaluation,
performance optimization to final deployment. By joining our small
team, you'll work closely with software engineers, hardware
engineers, and designers to push the boundaries and capabilities of
consumer cameras. You will report directly to our CEO and
co-founder, Alex Karpenko. What you'll work on:
- Design and implement novel computational photography
- Work closely with the hardware team to design new camera
- Transfer technology to product groups and see your ideas
shipped in product. Who we're looking for:
- Masters degree and 4 years of experience, or PhD in EE/CS.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of image processing,
computer vision, computational photography.
- You should be fluent in C / C++ programming and in a rapid
prototyping environment such as MATLAB.
- Parallel programming skills (e.g., CUDA, Halide, OpenCL, Metal)
are a strong plus. Why Rylo:
- We're backed by Accel, Sequoia and Icon Ventures
- You'll work with and learn from a highly cross-functional
engineering team. Spanning software across the full stack: backend,
frontend, iOS, Android, desktop, and embedded systems.
- Just a year and a half after founding Rylo, we shipped our
first camera on time and with a team of only 18. We love what we do
and work hard to do it.--
- Since launching in November 2017, we've expanded distribution
to some of the top retailers, such as Amazon and Best Buy.
- We value: ownership, a thoughtful approach to problem solving,
transparency, candor, and a willingness to learn and teach.
- You'll help us build the future of cameras so that anyone can
easily capture, edit, and share their favorite memories with the
world.-- Benefits and perks:
- Your very own Rylo camera on your first day!--
- Join our team lunches, happy hours, and off-sites
Keywords: Rylo Inc, San Francisco , Algorithm Engineer, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!