Graphics Engineer AR/VR
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2021
The Reality Labs team at Facebook is helping people around the
world come together and connect through world-class Augmented and
Virtual Reality hardware and software. We are developing the future
of AR and VR, bringing products to consumers that transform
entertainment and social experiences. The potential of AR/VR to
connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. With
global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, computer vision,
haptics, social interaction, and more, AR/VR is committed to
driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation.
Our teams explore, develop, and deliver new cutting-edge
technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future
As a Graphics Engineer for one of our family of products (Oculus,
Core Tech, Facebook Reality Labs, Spark AR and Portal), you will
help build simulation tools and interactive experiences for
algorithm and data visualization. We have a wide variety of roles,
spanning visualization, rendering and compression, and have room
for a variety of experience levels. These roles are ideal for
someone passionate about AR/VR, computer graphics and user
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools
to maximize graphics quality and performance
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Software
Engineers and animation artists, to deliver the best Graphics
- Document and support graphics features
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Improve current custom multi-platform engine
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to deliver
innovation into AR/VR products
- 3+ years of object-oriented and component based design
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++ programming.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
or similar field.
- Knowledge of image processing and computer vision
- Knowledge of ray tracing, rasterization and linear
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, Go, Gear VR, etc.), AR
- Experience implementing advanced 3D graphics features such as
lighting, effects, shaders and other low-level systems.
- Experience delivering AAA Games.
- Experience with mobile CPU/GPU programming.
- Experience developing or modifying camera pipeline on mobile
- Experience with tools such as Maya, Houdini, Blender, 3Ds Max,
Arnold, RenderMan, or Cycles.Facebook's mission is to give people
the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different
kind of company that connects billions of people around the world,
gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring
people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or
helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are
builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating,
solving problems, and working together to empower people around the
world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together,
we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting
started.Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for
candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need
any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook, San Francisco , Graphics Engineer AR/VR, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!