Engineer - Cloud Storage
Location: San Francisco
Posted on: January 15, 2021
B-Yond develops AI-based network automation software, delivered
via an open platform, enabling Telcos to embrace web scale
operational models as they move to 5G and Edge Cloud Job
- Collaborate as a value-adding member of a team responsible for
leading the integration, implementation, testing, and operational
transition support of the virtualized network functions and
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing server, storage,
networking software, and hardware and virtual environments to
support scaling against various project requirements.
- Create, use, and recommend automation tools that would allow
simplifying the operations of the environment being built and
- Analyze logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation
tools to troubleshoot. The challenges---
- Maintain high standards for network reliability and stability
while deploying new services or implementing changes.
- Drive the need to design, test, and deploy quickly and
- Able to learn new technologies as needed and open to changing
technological direction as required by the team to lead new
projects and initiatives. What success looks like---
- Completing the deployment of network functions deployment as
virtual machines running on hypervisors.
- Evangelize the concept of continual process improvement
relating to virtualization.
- Creating meaningful customer relationships that lead to more
engagements. Qualifications The values we share...
- DREAM B-YOND. Forward-Thinking, Creative, Boldly
- Be AUTHENTIC. Transparent, Genuine, Self-Confident.
- DEBATE ANYONE. Fearlessly Vocal, Intellectually Stimulating,
- B-UNSTOPPABLE. Resilient, Relentlessly Driven, Persistent.
- CARE to CREATE WISDOM. Non-judgmental, Thoughtful, Empowering.
The skills and experience that will help you succeed---
- Strong experience in virtualization and/or cloud infrastructure
- Experience with packet core, networking, and OSS.
- Knowledge and experience in large-scale hypervisor environments
- Strong Knowledge and 2+ years of experience with Linux (RHEL,
Ubuntu) administration, configuration, patching and upgrading.
- Knowledge and 2+ years of experience in scripting (Bash,
- Knowledge and 2+ years of experience with OpenStack and
services (Nova, Keystone, Horizon, etc.) in large
- Knowledge and 2+ years of experience with a variety of storage
technologies such as Openstack Swift, NAS, Ceph and SolidFire.
- Knowledge and experience with containers technologies such as
Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and experience with networking protocols and
- Experience with integration, configuration and support of
virtual infrastructure layers (compute, networking and
- Experience with Foreman, Nagios and Kabana desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with Public Cloud (eg. AWS, AZURE) a
- Knowledge and experience with support/deployment of VMWare ESXi
and vSphere in large, HA environments a plus.
- Experience in migration (and retrofitting) applications and/or
operating systems from physical (bare metal) to virtual
environments including application profiling and virtual hardware
dimensioning. Additional Information When applying for the job,
take the opportunity to tell us in five sentences or less what
makes you the best candidate for this position and for our company,
and why Audela is a fit for you. Please Note: This job description
is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities,
duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is
subject to review and change at any time, with or without
Keywords: B-Yond, San Francisco , Engineer - Cloud Storage, Engineering , San Francisco, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!