Company: Bio-Rad Laboratories
Posted on: January 17, 2020
# of Openings
Bio-Rad Laboratories advances scientific discovery and improves
healthcare through its unique combination of people, products, and
a strong focus on the success of our customers. Our products are
used worldwide by researchers to gain a greater understanding of
disease and by clinical laboratories to provide high-value
diagnostic test results. We have developed a solid and well-earned
reputation for quality and customer service among university and
research institutions, hospitals, public health and commercial
laboratories, as well as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and food
safety industries. The company complements its customer-centric
approach with a stable work environment for its employees to
succeed: for the last five years Bio-Rad has been named as one of
the Bay Area s Best Places to Work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer who wants to
improve their technical skills and join a professional team that is
building a new web application that will transform the way
scientists use our products and make new scientific discoveries.
Our products are used by our customers to create new cancer
therapeutics, gene therapies, and diabetes diagnostics and
treatments. We offer a startup project and team culture, but in a
stable company with good work life balance. We are building a new
product from the ground up, using the latest technologies. You will
be working with guidance from devops and backend engineers, to
create a cloud application that values security, scaling and
agility and strives to use current best practices.
How We Do DevOps
* We believe that developers and operations should work closely
together and not \\"throw things over the wall.\\"
* The dev team and the devops team are one in the same, we succeed
together and we fail together.
* We believe in automating all the things. If you have to do it
more than once it's worth automating.
* We take an iterative and incremental approach to our
* The project is owned by the team, no piece is owned by one
person, we all collaborate through swarming, code reviews, and
other means to meet our goals.
* Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain scientific
* Design and implement environments for those applications,
engineer suitable release management procedures, participate in
application monitoring and provide production support.
* Automate the provisioning of AWS resources, mostly using
CloudFormation and Python.
* Design, develop, test, and release new features focusing on
* Using best implementation practices for security and data
* Continuously improve the team development process by speaking up
and being receptive to feedback.
* Bachelor s degree in computer science or a related technology
discipline or equivalent experience.
* Comfortable in Linux/Unix command line.
* Passionate about writing clean, maintainable, well organized
* Understanding of the following:
* Agile processes
* DevOps culture
* Preferred Skills include:
* Experience in writing infrastructure management scripts using
bash and python.
* Boto3 experience.
* Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code principles.
* Experience using CloudFormation to deploy resources.
* Experience working with a cloud platform as a service (PaaS)
environment. Preferably AWS.
* Experience working on a customer-facing product.
* Familiarity with modern cloud infrastructure capabilities.
* Familiarity with cloud security best practices.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical
diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more
than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our
customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to
provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products
that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process
and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been
authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not
submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Bio-Rad Laboratories, San Francisco , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Hercules, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!